Gallatin has ineligible players?

GWAVE1

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone gets any more info. let me know. To my knowledge, Gallatin's record has not yet been revoked! Mr. Bills (Gallatin's principle) addressed the school this afternoon saying that Gallatin has not done anything wrong and that they will fight for justice and for what is right! Gallatin is filing an appeal and there is sopossed to be a hearing later this week.

My understanding is that if the season ended today we are 1-7. Why do you think that it has not been revoked as of yet?

I suppose you are right GWAVE. My brain isn't really working correctly right now. It is just hard to fathom 6 hard earned wins being ganked from the Wave. I guess the best thing to do is keep on playing hardnose football. If we do that, none of this problem will even matter in the end. I would still like to see Link get the state QB rushing record, though. It might cheer me up a bit.

Gwave, I talked to one of my teachers about the situation this afternoon, and he seemed to think that no decision had been made. I can not prove this to be true, but it is what I have heard. Does anyone know how long it will take to review the appeal and to make a final verdict. I would think it would need to be done by friday.

Fess up Green Wave if the player ineligible then you shouldn’t be too upset! I’m sure the TSSAA is not on a witch-hunt after the Gallatin Football program. They are just trying to enforce the rules and keep an equal playing field. That’s the purpose of a governing body. If McGavock turned you in then they should be commended and not bashed in this type of format. Dorris Armstrong is an outstanding teacher / coach as well as a respected Basketball Official and Baseball Umpire. I’m sure if the shoe was on the other foot everyone from Gallatin would be running over each other in their pick up trucks to turn McGavock in.

Don’t bet the house that you will make the playoffs because everyone’s figured out that Link is a ball hog and will be gunning for him.

Sorry about you luck!

Don't blame the football coaches at McGavock, their executive principal turned Gallatin in for playing an ineligible player. The timing was suspect (after GHS thumped McG week 8), but that was after learning of two younger siblings still attending school in the McGavock cluster.

Too bad common sense can't rule.

SIMPLY STATED: Did Gallatin do anything dishonest? NO.

But is this not similar to the CPA situation? They too were penalized when no dishonesty existed.