Gallatin has ineligible players?

GWAVE1

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling this is going to be overturned. The fact of the matter is the TSSAA approved this, not once, but twice!. Now if there were false documents or something involved (stating a divorce had taken place, for example) that'd be one thing. But I doubt that strongly. If I was a betting man, I'd say Gallatin wins the appeal and is back to 7-1.

I hope you are right FHSrebel27. But I do not think that the TSSAA or Ronnie Carter will admit fault. This is gonna be placed on the coaching staff and their lack of suppling enough info for the decision to be made.

I wish I knew more of the facts but I don't. I imagine that there will be a write-up in tommorrows paper about it.

By-the-way, I hate the current setup with all the state titles and what not but I still believe that the old Clinic Bowl for the the state title was a thing of beauty. Ronnie Carter put on a great environment for a state championship. That just shows that everything he does is not bad. That was all for charity. That has to be admired.

But this Gallatin 1-7 stuff just stinks!!!!!

I agree Rebel. I think that the TSSAA would be smart enough to double check court documents, especially if they were local. I think that gallatin wins this appeal and TSSAA eats CROW. Memebership dues will go up to cover what Gtown sues them for.

I'm thinking maybe a retractable dome stadium..... :rolleyes:

If "The Tennessean" has coverage on this story, their online edition will appear sometime after midnight - maybe around 1 AM or so. Anybody want to wait up with me?

I wish I could but tommorrow is gonna be a long day. Especially when the topic of conversation is going to be Gallatin and what will happen. Or did happen.

Thanks ya'll, I am sure we'll all have more to add tommorrow.