Gallatin has ineligible players?

GWAVE1

GWAVE1 I actually have read and completed one of the forms for an older son of mine. To transfer without losing eligibility you must have a legal address change or a LEGAL change in guardianship and this is clear to any parent filling these forms out. Just moving in with a family member or being seperated is not a legal change in status. I had a similar situation and they tell you up front you have to have legal guardianship changed to transfer a player(my son lived with my x wife and came to live with me by our mutual agreement but to be eligible we had to get his guardianship changed to me)

I am not saying Gallatin did anything wrong but I am telling you someone lied to them and the TSSAA

I like Gallatin and have a great deal of respect for them and enjoy Smyrna playing them but once again someone did not tell them the truth.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Gallatin has to give up those wins the TSSAA should be dissolved.

If the parents are split up that should be enough. There's no reason to act like Nazis.....which the TSSAA does when they feel like it and then they act like Sweeden with other schools who violate recruiting left and right.

What a crock. :P

Del.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

This is stupid. I can't believe Gallatin had to forfeit those wins. The coaches did everything they could and they still are in trouble. I feel sorry for Gallatin, they don't deserve this.

If Gallatin did everything right within their power, these should be rectified immediatly.

And yes, I feel sorry for Gallatin, but not HALF as bad as I feel for this boy. It's terrible enough to be experiencing a split between your parents, and moving to a new town where you try to fit in, but now to have the issue of your parents split/divorce the talk of not only the TSSAA but the town....sheesh. He's a kid, TSSAA....it's not his fault...it's TSSAA's for giving approval before you dot your "i's" and cross your "t's".

Let the boy play ball.

Update on the Shipley issue. It has been brought to my attention that said parent in question is actually a step father not his biological father. If this is the case, there are no custody issues to be brought up. Case closed. Or at least it should be. Isn't it ironic that there wasn't a problem prior to the McGavock game?

I am a fan of Gallatin, but the statement above is a bit naive.

Will everyone who believes all the posts on coacht are "indeed accurate" please raise your hand?

Hmmm, I don't see many hands up.

Naive? When the information has been confirmed by several people close to the situation, it is probably true. Granted, it is important to examine every accusation and claim to determine accuracy and legitimacy...and that's what I have done. I may be a lot of things, but I'm certainly not naive.

This is an unfortunate situation because Gallatin was on their way to one heck of a season. McGavock, you stink!!! Excuse me for that comment, but that is truly one of the low points for a program to do that. Even with Kyle, do you think you would have done any better. Kyle is a great kid. I have known him since he broke his leg calling signals for Two Rivers Middle School. McGavock in my eyes has sunken lower and lower into the bowels of inequity. Antioch played there Friday, and that was one of the worst experiences of my life. People there are rude, obnoxious, and only come to the game for the band. This is a travesty and the TSSAA, McGavock, and the haters of this good Gallatin team should be put deep in a ditch.

I think this a dam joke. The TSSAA says it ok then they say after 8 weeks its not. Come on I smell something dirty here. Here is Ronnie Carters email address below email him and flood his mail box and let him know how you feel about it. I think it wrong what they did.

rcarter@tssaa.org

This is crazy. I too feel sorry for Gallatin. Looks like if we all sent e-mails as suggested, it might help. However, I somehow think there may be more to this story than I've just read here. Waiting for the News Examiner this week.

coacht, can Mr. carter be sent a copy of this thread?????

I think this a dam joke. The TSSAA says it ok then they say after 8 weeks its not. Come on I smell something dirty here. Here is Ronnie Carters email address below email him and flood his mail box and let him know how you feel about it. I think it wrong what they did.

rcarter@tssaa.org

This is crazy. I too feel sorry for Gallatin. Looks like if we all sent e-mails as suggested, it might help. However, I somehow think there may be more to this story than I've just read here. Waiting for the News Examiner this week.

coacht, can Mr. carter be sent a copy of this thread?????

I imagine you could send him the link yourself if you so desired.

Squoshwave17

did you say mba is overrated??? is there even a school in gallatin? is your football team home-schooled because im pretty sure you guys are all related.

sissy? can you even count the number of cousins you have? if your going to talk crap about the 11th ranked team in the nation, be sure you have a football team that can back it up.

You are not as classy as the average MBA fan.

I thought it was "Gentleman, Scholar, Athlete"