Gallatin has ineligible players?

GWAVE1

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

Okay...I scanned the TSSAA site. Here is what I think................it specifically states that court papers have to be presented to prove custody has been awarded and divorcepapers filed and processed. I don't know if that actually happened. But...it says that the Executive Director has to approve it before an athlete can play. Gallatin waited before playing the kid. Obviously it was approved as Gallatin received 2 letters saying to let the kid play.So TSSAA had to have determined the residence requirements were met before declaring the eligibility and had to have been satisfied with the divorce/separation issue, otherwise they would not have granted it.I think the lawyers forGHS have a good case. The decision was made and someone messed up royally.It sounds like GHS followed the procedure to a "T"

I also read about the hearings section. Did Gallatin receive a hearing before the penalty was placed? iThat is in section 2 of the Hearings part.

bad news about all this gallatin i feel bad for u but at the same time i am cheering because this gives us new light. the way gallatin is playin and r now even madder then i feel that there is no way they will loose to beech or hunters lane. if h.ville beats mcgavok and antioch they r 4-2, and if antioch looses to hunters lane they r 4-2, and hl looses to gallatin they r 4-2, and gallatin is 3-3 and beech is 3-3 then beech is out because of head to head and h'ville is region champs because they beat antioch and hl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COMMANDO PRIDE possibly region champs!!!!!!!!!!!!

go big C all commando fans jump for joy :blink:

The west side of the bracket is no longer safe...

I still don't understand the situation though as far as seeding goes. The key is Hendersonville losing to Antioch for Gallatin to finish third? I don't see them losing these next two games. So if Hville loses, and GHS wins out, they're third? Is there a scenario where they finish fourth?

Barring any upsets...no, I do not think so. Now if Glencliff up and beats Beech that gives them a 3-3 record as well. In that case Antioch #1, Hendersonville with a loss to Antioch is 3-3 a win is Hend.#2. Hunters Lane with a loss to Antioch is 3-3 with a win is 4-2 and second place unless Hend beats Antioch. 3-3 ties would be broken according to who beat who but Glencliff in the mix would put Gallatin at a disadvantage because of head to head. Overall record would not go in favor of Gallatin. Unless I am correct about Springfield and Shipley not playing in that game. Then we would have a nonregion victory. Like I said, we win out we are in. But where is anybody's guess. Gallatin wins all tie-breakers except against Glencliff. So go Meadows and Sheffield!!!

inot2bad, cut the kid some slack. He just had six wins taken from him. And I encourage you not to respond to squosh... the Gallatin people have suffered a huge defeat tonight, so let's not set them off more. squosh, just calm down buddy. I'm sure you're quite heated right now but inot2bad, I'm sure, wasn't trying to rile you up even more. Let's all just keep level heads right now.

I'm afraid gallatin better get the lawsuit in gear. TSSAA doesn't have the sharpest knives in the drawer. Usually, when a school gets permission to let a player participate, you would think there would be no reason to investigate further on the schools part. Our governing board ruled. If a school can't trust a TSSAA ruling, then why have such an organization.

Maybe, just maybe, the TSSAA will come to what little sense they have and reverse their mistake.

Does anyone know who signed the permission letters and the reversal? Need to be part of the lawsuit.

I also read about the hearings section. Did Gallatin receive a hearing before the penalty was placed? iThat is in section 2 of the Hearings part.

I assume that they did in order for an appeal to be filed but I am not aware of when it took place.

I would imagine all lawsuits in town have been put on hold. You know the old money in this town all goes via the Wave heiarchy. This will take priority.

I'm afraid gallatin better get the lawsuit in gear. TSSAA doesn't have the sharpest knives in the drawer. Usually, when a school gets permission to let a player participate, you would think there would be no reason to investigate further on the schools part. Our governing board ruled. If a school can't trust a TSSAA ruling, then why have such an organization.

Maybe, just maybe, the TSSAA will come to what little sense they have and reverse their mistake.

Does anyone know who signed the permission letters and the reversal? Need to be part of the lawsuit.

At the end of Article II section 18, the executive director has all discretion. It appears to me that this is in his hands. I am not sure who the acting members of the appeal board governing our area are. But they all make the final decision reguarding the appeal.

I have a feeling this is going to be overturned. The fact of the matter is the TSSAA approved this, not once, but twice!. Now if there were false documents or something involved (stating a divorce had taken place, for example) that'd be one thing. But I doubt that strongly. If I was a betting man, I'd say Gallatin wins the appeal and is back to 7-1.

Gallatin players an fans, Im terribely sorry to hear about this incident. I hope all works out for you guys. I really dont think you should be punished for such a mistake. You made all the right moves and precautions, from what ive read on this thread. Im sure this will be in the paper tomorrow morning. Again, good luck.

Guest region4fan

I agree Rebel. I think that the TSSAA would be smart enough to double check court documents, especially if they were local. I think that gallatin wins this appeal and TSSAA eats CROW. Memebership dues will go up to cover what Gtown sues them for.