My Mr. Football Ballots....

DelTavian

Del,

Here's a couple of players for your Mr. Football ballot

1) Greg "Green Mile" Smith - Tyner (6-2, 295, Sr.)(2A Lineman)

Greg has had to take on a lot of the load due to last year's 2A Mr. Football lineman Demonte Bouldin's health issues, but he has picked up the slack and then some. He's Chattanooga area's leading tackler with over 140 stops and almost single-handedly destroyed Chattanooga Central (made the first 3 tackles, two for loss)

2) John Gregory - Ooltewah (6-3, 200, Jr.) (5A Kicker)

John has been one of the few bright spots in the Owls' disappointing season. He is averaging 41.0 yards on 26 punts (31.7 net) , placed 8 of those kicks inside of the 20, and has a long of 75 (60 of that in the air) He is rated in the Top 20 nationally by former Oakland Raider Ray Guy's propunter.com.

All stats through 9 games

Thanks!

Edited by thorough97

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for a 1a back look no further than joseph ruddle of the wayne county wildcats.the guy is unbelievable.over 1700 some odd total yards and 27 tds on offense.he is running the wildcat team which are region 6-1a champs!!!! he is a great leader and never ceases to amaze fans as we watch him week after week.joseph ruddle is easily 1a mr football.

I can vouch for this John Gregory kid from Ooltewah as a legitimate punter. He routinely kicked in warm-ups from 5 yards deep and punted it repeatedly to the opposite 40. That's 65 yards, folks. Awesome for High School, especially with consistency.

I would be remiss in not mentioning Corey Booker for Mr. Football in 5A. His stats have been less impressive with each year since his Freshman year, but when you consider his average per carry, and the fact that he is surrounded by other talented running backs that have also ran well, and whom got some of his touches due to 40+ to 7 point margins, he still looks pretty darn good.

For lineman, although my son plays on the line at OR, I would have to say our best lineman is Bryan Harris. He is a Senior that plays both ways most of the game, and is a two year starter on both sides of the ball. Also played some his Sophomore year.

I believe Scooter Houston at Jefferson County should be mentioned as well.

I also like the looks of this Cassen Jackson of Knox Central, whom has already been mentioned on this thread.

Good luck to all of these fine young athletes in all their endeavors.

Booker Oak Ridge enough said!!!!

No it's not. Not if you want my vote.

Full name, position, stats and character. If he's a jerk with bad grades I won't vote for him.

Keep going folks. I'm filling this out tonight and faxing it Thursday.

Remember voters, they must be faxed in by Friday.

Del.

Antioch High School has several players worthy of mention. For starters RB LaMarcus Coker, to date 1171 rushing yds, 13 tds. Averages 7.3 yds/gm, and 130.1 yds/gm. Lineman include JR DT Japhet Odigie 40 total tackles to date, 11.5 for losses of 53 yds. 9 sacks, 3 fumble recoveries, 2 forced fumbles. SR Clifton Bone 26 tackles, 6.5 for loss, 4 sacks, two blocked kicks, 2 forced fumbles. SR Taylor Bradford- 38 total tackles, 4.5 for loss, 4 sacks 2 pass breakups, 3 fumble recoveries, 1 forced fumbles. SR LB Josh Johnson 42 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 int, 2 blocked kicks, 3 fumble recoveries, 2 for TD. Though defensive stats are not overwhelming, these guys are part of a defense that is holding opponents to 12.9 pts/gm, 184 yds/gm of total offense, and only 3.7 yds/play.

I am not from Cloudland, but I have seen mark byrd play a few times this year. I have to say I have seen noone better. This kid does it all. He plays QB, DB, Kicker, Punter, Returm Man, Reciever, Tail Back. Thats not even the impressive part. He does each of these great. I do not know his stats, but I do know he has not played in many second half plays. I watched the game against Hampton, and I thought everyone out there was named Byrd. Thats all the PA announcer was saying. Every time he touched the ball, it was a big play. Also, he has a great attutude and has excellent character. I have no knowledge of what kind of grades he makes. But trust me this is a candidate worth voting for.

I am in the same boat. Voting for the backs is easy because you can find numbers, but I need some input on the lineman and kickers.

Mr. Football should definatly be AUSTIN JAMES from Greenback, because he has so much tallent and is so dedicated to the game! SO EVERYONE VOTE FOR AUSTIN JAMES!! :rolleyes: