Maryville - Clinton

STARSNBARS

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be in Clinton thursday night to watch the Rebels play the Dragons.

I never thought I would see the day that Clinton would be 0-10. It was just 11 years ago when they beat MHS 46-14 in the 1st round of the playoffs. That Clinton team was awesome.

I think MHS will win 35-0. Maryville will play everyone on their roster tommorrow night. If Clinton can get the right coach they could have a real good program. The Clinton fans need to be patient.There are a lot of athletes in Clinton.

Kind of avoided the subject of playing up. I understand want to change the subject to womens hoops. Maybe we can talk about Maryville's favorite Varsity sport next, Tractor Pull. Still don't understand why if your community thinks your the best, your school administration thinks your the best, and most importantly your womens basketball program thinks your the best then why don't you play up.

Hey 91-has-been, what an idiot you must be or you just know how to get a rise out of the more intelligent of the species. You do a disservice to your team and community with your hate. You have not facts. I think in 91, the last time OR got to the state game without buying tickets there were only 3 classes in TN. Since way back in 91 Maryville has won the state title 4 times, in a five class. 5A is not where the best are just the biggest in numbers. No Magic about beating a 5A team. Maryville has ripped OR and DB twice during the last two pre-seasons to where their fans were disgusted because like you X-Champ in 91, live in the past. If Maryville was 5A Oak Ridge would have no chance at getting back to the state title game the next few years. Keep dreaming, William Blount had you on the ropes and could have beat you. Maryville had about a quarter of competition with WB. Get real. Clinton Next!

I'm back boys, loved to see you guys get all fired up!!!! I told my buddies to check out the fire that I had got started on Coacht and they laughed. We don't have to defend ourselves, our tradition and our trophy case does. And as for Knoxville Central now that is a class program. Always has been. Even back in the 70's (when we were beating Maryvilles face off) Central beat Oak Ridge in one of there state championship years. Keep it coming Rebs to entertain me. ROLL WILDCATS ROLL!!!!!! "THE TRADITION"

so what's the over/under on this game? I'll take Clinton and 56. I'm not sure that's even a safe bet.

And by the way, I agree with the Maryville folks who said 4A in E TN is better than 5A. You rank the top 5 in each class and any of the 5A schools winning would be an upset. The power in 5A is in Middle TN. But don't worry 5A folks, help is coming. Maryville will move up in a year or 2 and Central and West soon after. Then maybe the East will have a rep in the Clinic Bowl.

Wrong, you won't rep in the clinic bowl you don't have the tradition. In two or three years Maryville will be average yet again. Watch and see!!!!

It's not the clinic bowl for us anymore it's the blue cross bowl. Get out of the past son. No championship games since 91. You ought to be the expert on "average".

Wrong, you won't rep in the clinic bowl you don't have the tradition. In two or three years Maryville will be average yet again. Watch and see!!!!

It is not 1991 no more. This is 2003.

Maryville has 7 state titles. Only Brentwood Academy has more.

As long as George Quarles and his coaching staff stay together. MHS will keep on winning.