District 9 AAA

flngrvy

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not from your district or region but I will respond. If I am not mistaken, Mt. Juliet has a couple of real good sophomores. I believe that they play AAU with a girl from Bradley Central and I saw them at the Shelbyville playday last year and they were good then. So I believe they will be pretty good this year. Last year I also say Beech and Hendersonville play and was real impressed with Beech, after all they were state runner-up, so if they did not lose many seniors I bet they will be tough to handle. Hendersonville was a pretty decent team last year, but I doubt they will have enough to hang with Beech or Mt. Juliet. I believe that it will probably be those two teams battling it out for first and second.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this is coming from an on-looker's opinion. Mt. Juliet will be tough to handle, but the team that is on the rise that no one seems to know about is Smyrna. They have all new coaches and these girls really are gutsy and intense. They are also known to be able to shoot anyone out of the gym. I saw them play at Shelbyville this past weekend and they sure did put it to Cumberland Co. and Community. On Saturday, they beat Bradley Central by 1, but SHS did not shoot the ball well at all. Also, Smyrna has scrimmaged Upperman and handled them pretty easily. This is my pick for the top seed this year in 9 AAA.

Mt. Juliet and Wilson Central seem to be the top 2 teams in this district. Smyrna and Lavergne will be much improved. If I had to rate the top 6:

1. Mt. Juliet

2. Wilson Central

3. Smyrna

3. Lavergne

5. Hendersonville

6. Beech

3 thru 6 good go either way at anytime.

Lavergne's group is much improved from this summer and very very athletic which can always cause teams problems.

Smyrna is goign to be really good.. i believe they only have 1 senior on there team.. look for some great sophmores (Taylor Oliver, Jessica Pollack) to turn some heads.. they have been playing together for so long and know what each other are going to do.. Brittany Boyd (jounior) is also good too.. smyrn aalso has a new coach... the players seem to lik ehim a lot

I know that Beech lost seniors Dana Carrigan, Kari Maddox and Brittany Hunter, so they won't quite be state-runner-up material, but they should be pretty good. Also being a Buccaneer fan myself, I predict that the starting five should be:

Seniors - Allie Smith, Katie Shelton, Roseanne West, and Amber Warren

Junior - Danielle Drilling

They also have some good Sophomores and Freshman that should replenish the Lady Buc squad for a couple of years. I do believe, however, that Mt. Juliet will be the team to beat. My guess on final standings is:

1. Mt. Juliet

2. Beech

3. Wilson Central

4. Gallatin

4. Hendersonville

4. Smryna

7. LaVergne

8. White House

Gallatin, Hendersonville, and Smyrna seem to be pretty even - not sure about outcome.

Edited by metsdude

Smyrna is goign to be really good.. i believe they only have 1 senior on there team.. look for some great sophmores (Taylor Oliver, Jessica Pollack) to turn some heads.. they have been playing together for so long and know what each other are going to do.. Brittany Boyd (jounior) is also good too.. smyrn aalso has a new coach... the players seem to lik ehim a lot

Who is the new girl's coach at Smryna? What happened to their previous coach?