BA-MBA Updates

WesVLT

:rolleyes:

O.k. I'll ask this for everyone who seems to know so much and keeps talking about the "field clock". Where was this "field clock" during the game? Was there an official on the field watching it and forgetting about correct officiating mechanics and inforcing rules? Was it on the referee's wrist? Was it in the Umpire's pocket? The linejudge's hip? What does the "field clock" look like? Does Santa appear for big games like this and hover behind the backjuge, informing him of the official time?

It's also amazing that their was only 2-3 seconds difference in the two clocks, if this clock was being kept the entire game. Or did the officating crew sync the scoreboard clock and the "field clock" ever few plays?

Just use common sense...

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O.k. I'll ask this for everyone who seems to know so much and keeps talking about the "field clock". Where was this "field clock" during the game? Was there an official on the field watching it

Satch, I don't know so much, but in our games the official who keeps the clock is positioned down on the field on the sideline with a cord in his hand. That is the start/stop switch. Could that be where some of the misunderstanding is coming from?

All I am addressing is the confusion over the term "field clock."

Satch, I don't know so much, but in our games the official who keeps the clock is positioned down on the field on the sideline with a cord in his hand. That is the start/stop switch. Could that be where some of the misunderstanding is coming from?

All I am addressing is the confusion over the term "field clock."

Gosh, you're guess is a good as mine on the confusion. We do have some teams in my area that also use a button on a cord on the sideline. Most, however, are up in the pressbox sitting next to the home team guy who does the score etc. and where all 5 officials can be seen. Keeping the clock on the field with a cord is tough. You're right, this is just an on/off switch. This is just a button and is not capable of having or showing a different time than the scoreboard, which I'm sure you know. I'm just explaining it for the others who still are confused with the magic field clock. There should be no confusion. I think people sometimes feel the need to justify things in their minds.

But I also agree with everyone else.... too much time and wasted breath here. I'm done. Thanks inot2bad for being a voice of undrstanding and reason.

You guys are pitiful, with nothing to do with your time to let this thread go on for so long, since you cannot change what happened. BA beat MBA, so get on with your lives. You cannot, nor will you change history. :ph34r:

I tried not to post here, I really did. Let me just say that some of you folks in this thread have thoroughly embarassed yourselves. Genuine questions about the referee's decision are completely understandable. But taking it a step further and crying foul play?

Ludicrous and shameful. I'm embarassed for you.

Give credit where credit is due: to BA and MBA, who both played classic football.