BA-MBA Updates

WesVLT

i was at the game i saw the clock expire but i was not paying attention to the snap. From what i heard they didn't get it off, but I think ba played a great game. I think that the officials still did blow the game but even if they if mba deserved teh win they should have won it in overtime. i cant wait to see mba and ba meet in 3 weeks i think it will be aanouther great game wiht better refs. good job ba see ya in three weeks

Roll Red Roll

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think wildcat fan is just upset because BGA cant compete with either team.

I guess BGA didn't beat MBA two years ago. Yes, it was a great game- both teams played hard- I just think that MBA got jobbed.

Hey, BA has had one heck of a season as well, as much as I Hate to say that, but seriously, MBA deserved to/should have won the game Friday night. End of my involvement in this discussion. If you wish to take this up with me, feel free to instant message my by clicking below.

Plus, except for the few with skin as thin as tissue paper, this stuff is just writing about opions. If you don't like mine or me because of them...tough. I really don't care.

Edited by wildcatfan

because itwas not the official clock, the official clock was being held on the field by the referees. the scoreboard clock ran an extra 2 seconds after the spiked ball, that is why the time was different.

It seems to me that in a game of this magnitude, if there was a descrepancy between the official's clock and the scoreboard clock. the officials should have synchronized the clocks, espeically during the last 30 seconds of the game. And why were the coaches not notified that there was a 2-3 second descrepancy?

It seems to me that in a game of this magnitude, if there was a descrepancy between the official's clock and the scoreboard clock. the officials should have synchronized the clocks, espeically during the last 30 seconds of the game. And why were the coaches not notified that there was a 2-3 second descrepancy?

inot2bad,

Because there IS NO clock kept on the field. This is hogwash. Ask a local official which official keeps the time on the field. It is not done in Tennessee high school football. If it was done, imagine how many times they would need to stop the game and sync the clocks.... after nearly every play. THe TSSAA provides an offical to keep the scoreboard clock, and only the clock portion, not all the other stuff like score and down and distance. The home school pays for this official just like the five on the field. Now why would they do this if the scoreboard was just for the fans. Either the referee or the umpire, whom ever was facing the scoreboard clock was supposed to be watching the clock.

I don't understand why some people accept the explanation of a clock being kept on the field. The next game you attend, take the time to watch each of the five officials and see if one is starting and stopping a gameclock on their person. The only official keeping any kind of time is the back judge. He has a timer that counts down 25 seconds which either buzzes or vibrates to tell him the offense has exceeded 25 seconds and is guilty of delay of game.

Please don't be fooled by this "on the field clock" stuff. It does not exist. <_<

I have a couple of quotes and comments about the mba-ba game. First of all, the most crucial play in the game.... The high punt snap by MBA...Kyle Willis- BA strong safety was on the defensive side of the ball in front of the center calling.... "badsnap badsnap badsnap." I could maybe guess that this had something to do with it. BA longsnapper JP Wilcher did get the ball off in time, a quote from him... "I was looking through my legs at the scoreboard and I waited all the way until .2 seconds remained on the clock to snap the ball to Bowker." I am giving a 3-way player of the game award to Kyle Willis (who made some huge and crucial tackles) Hunter Palmer (the rookie kicker who doesnt feel pressure) And Theo Townsend (Who has a fumbling problem? wait no he doesnt, he didnt fumble once, and ran like a stallion last night) As for Wes, you know who this is, I was ashamed to hear you werent coming.

inot2bad,

Because there IS NO clock kept on the field. This is hogwash. It is not done in Tennessee high school football. THe TSSAA provides an offical to keep the scoreboard clock, and only the clock portion, not all the other stuff like score and down and distance. The home school pays for this official just like the five on the field.

Please don't be fooled by this "on the field clock" stuff. It does not exist. <_<

SatchUmp, I humbly accept your explanation.

Another point I'd like to make is in response to all the folks who are saying that Brentwood Academy had men still moving at the snap of the ball. I taped the game and have watched the ending several times...in slow motion, no less.

Two things seem quite clear.

1. The clock shown on the TV screen, not the scoreboard, clearly showed time had expired.

2. Everyone one the BA team was in position...not moving...at the snap of the ball.

I saw the play on TV- the clocked looked to have expired. The line certainly did not look set. The only part of that entire play the refs got right was the fact that the football did sail through the uprights.

I think that I will go with the guy that was looking at

the scoreboard from between his legs. That would seem

to be a better vantage point than the TV in a living room.

Maybe CSS somehow had their broadcast clock synched

with the Scoreboard clock. My guess is probably not.

yes, the line was not moving at all, and i also taped the game and watched it frame by frame and 1 frame after it hits 0 the ball is snapped, which clearly is way too hard of a call on a referee who has to look at both at the same time, which i guess is maybe every frame is .2 seconds roughly so it would probly either look like a bang bang play from his perspective or it mightve lok like he snapped it in accordance to the horn blowing to the ref. and when i mean it was 1 frame after he snapped it that was from when it left his hands, and being the football player i am, the play starts when the snapper starts to just move his hands even the slightest bit, and adding in the quote from " i looked thru my legs and snapped it with .2 seconds left" that goes in accordance to my statement.

Edited by dumptruck

yes, the line was not moving at all, and i also taped the game and watched it frame by frame and 1 frame after it hits 0 the ball is snapped, which clearly is way too hard of a call on a referee who has to look at both at the same time, which i guess is maybe every frame is .2 seconds roughly so it would probly either look like a bang bang play from his perspective or it mightve lok like he snapped it in accordance to the horn blowing to the ref.

fair enough, but I am still not convinced.

We will all just have to agree to disagree.