Rhea County Classless!

MikeBleedsBlue

No again central players didnt throw anything at the end of the games i can promise you...or else there would have been another big fight like this one. and as for my comentary you might want to get real used to seeing it....cause it isnt about to leave anytime soon. i dont really see why all of these people are trying to point the finger well rhea did this and cleveland did this...who cares?...the point is that you had grown people and almost grown people actin like a bunch of 8 year olds. i realize how big high school football is around here but is it worth fighting over no....both teams were at fault (no matter who started it or who threw the first punch) and both teams will be hurt come playoff time. remember that football is about more than taking handoffs, makeing holes, catching passes, and knocking the crap out of people....its about learning to harness your angure and control yourself until the right time...this game may have been alot better if all that energy was used between the whistles during the game.....there is no excuse for losing your tempore no matter who you are or what your doing. if you want to show me class....take a shot in the face and turn and walk off.i hate it happened but its no the refs fault or the parents....its the players fault...all of them, and i would be saying the same thing if this was central we were talking about.

Edited by purplepounderfootball

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Rhea County and Cleveland should be punished for this. When you lose a close game, you need to have some self-control. I remember when Hixson lost to Central, that was a very close and physical game, but Hixson didn't start a scuffle. These teams should be penalized severly, if not, then what is to stop any other team from taking out their aggression after being defeated?

What happens if one of these teams goes on to win state? Does Tennessee football need that dark cloud over a champion? I think not. These teams don't even deserve their playoff spots, if this is how they are going to act in the face of adversity.

No again central players didnt throw anything at the end of the games i can promise you...or else there would have been another big fight like this one. and as for my comentary you might want to get real used to seeing it....cause it isnt about to leave anytime soon. i dont really see why all of these people are trying to point the finger well rhea did this and cleveland did this...who cares?...the point is that you had grown people and almost grown people actin like a bunch of 8 year olds. i realize how big high school football is around here but is it worth fighting over no....both teams were at fault (no matter who started it or who threw the first punch) and both teams will be hurt come playoff time. remember that football is about more than taking handoffs, makeing holes, catching passes, and knocking the crap out of people....its about learning to harness your angure and control yourself until the right time...this game may have been alot better if all that energy was used between the whistles during the game.....there is no excuse for losing your tempore no matter who you are or what your doing. if you want to show me class....take a shot in the face and turn and walk off.i hate it happened but its no the refs fault or the parents....its the players fault...all of them, and i would be saying the same thing if this was central we were talking about.

i honestly believe no one really cares about central in this thread...

The incident with the Cleveland assistant as well as the Rhea Cty. coaches is that coach Collier has a young son who is a ball boy for the team. I believe his son is in the 2nd grade. As soon as the first scuffle broke out, it happened right next to Collier's son. A helmet was thrown in the general direction of the young boy. As a parent, Collier went to get his son. And in the process shoved a Rhea Cty. player. I'm sure that it was unintentional but he did shove a player. I probably would have done the same thing in that kind of situation to protect my child from being injured. This is when Fitzgerald punched Collier. I just hate it that this has happened... :angry::angry::angry:

I think Rhea County and Cleveland should be punished for this. When you lose a close game, you need to have some self-control. I remember when Hixson lost to Central, that was a very close and physical game, but Hixson didn't start a scuffle. These teams should be penalized severly, if not, then what is to stop any other team from taking out their aggression after being defeated?

What happens if one of these teams goes on to win state? Does Tennessee football need that dark cloud over a champion? I think not. These teams don't even deserve their playoff spots, if this is how they are going to act in the face of adversity.

ben what would you know about winning, stick to your inspiring commentary about red bank being true champs, and being for real and.............

pounder, you think your team isnt remotely classless. well youre wrong! ive been to several games this year and i have spoken to the running backs at hixson and they said that on repeated accounts that the d-line for central would spit in the backs face. now if that isnt low i dont know what is... and newsome you are totally right about central not needing to be associated with the discussion. after all it is about the rhea cleveland incident, not centrals immorals and low class

falcon....looks like your wrong...o and i agree with ben...knock cleveland out and put central at #1...i like it...lol ;)

Edited by purplepounderfootball

falcon....looks like your wrong...o and i agree with ben...knock cleveland out and put central at #1...i like it...lol ;)

I don't think that will happen. Some players may have action taken against them and it may affect the outcome of the game, but I simply don't think it can all happen before Friday. Findings of fact take time and I think this thing will have to play out.

ELA--maybe you can answer this, if action is to be taken, how long does the TSSAA have to render a decision? If suspensions are forth coming, shouldn't they come before the 1st playoff game for these teams? I would be upset as an opponent if the suspensions were handed down after the 1st round and my team had lost to Rhea or Cleveland. I would also think that both Rhea and Cleveland would want to know what coaches/players they will have available. If the TSSAA waits until Thursday afternoon to hand these down, that's not fair to these two schools. This will be an interesting test for the TSSAA.

ELA--maybe you can answer this, if action is to be taken, how long does the TSSAA have to render a decision? If suspensions are forth coming, shouldn't they come before the 1st playoff game for these teams? I would be upset as an opponent if the suspensions were handed down after the 1st round and my team had lost to Rhea or Cleveland. I would also think that both Rhea and Cleveland would want to know what coaches/players they will have available. If the TSSAA waits until Thursday afternoon to hand these down, that's not fair to these two schools. This will be an interesting test for the TSSAA.

Here is part of the problem... the game officials had already left the field and their jurisdiction over the game ends when they call the game. It then falls under the security of the home team (Rhea County) and anything that happened at that point is "after the fact." This doesn't mean that fines and possible suspensions won't come, but the TSSAA doesn't act quickly. My guess is they will take statements from all parties, review film (if there is any) and ask the local school administrations to take action first, then they will review the actions of the local school districts and suggest further actions. The bottom line is both teams will play on Friday.

I did not witness this. I can only go by what is said on here and in the papers. But this type of incident really gives the state, and these schools, a black eye. This has to be dealt with harshly. Every coach and team ought to be made aware of the consequenses for these types of actions. With the way society is today, I fear we could see some wacko with a weapon come out of the stands to "help" protect his team. I pray that doesn't happen. Let's hope the TSSAA makes the best decisions possible in this case.