Dickson vs. Franklin- What A Game

PG23FHSWR1

First off, I just want to say that the Dickson Co. Cougars are underrated. They are a great team. Congrats on your victory. The Rebels faught hard and it game down to DejaVu from the Brentwood Game. Nichols played a heck of a game as did Murray and FHS's team as did #21 and #35 and the rest of the DC team. Anyway I have something I must say before I can get any nights sleep.

I'm a senior at Franklin, so I've been a part of all the rivalries for a few years. I have ALWAYS had respect for Brentwood High School Athletes and surrounding schools in Williamson County. Tonight Brentwood did a fantastic job of taking their respect away from my opinions. They came to cheer on Dickson Co because with a DCHS win, Brentwood is first, and duh, I'd be cheering that way too. BUT - The way they sat in the Franklin stands hooting and hollaring at our fans and players was uncalled for and very classless. Screaming "SCOREBOARD" after every DC Touchdown and yelling remarks at the Franklin Ball Boys was just immature. I hope that the Brentwood Community isn't all this way because they gave Brentwood a terrible name. All the surrounding parents and students on the sidelines and in the stands were disgusted with their antics.

Just a little bit of my input,

i would like to first off say hats off to both teams because that game could have gone either way. 2nd pg23, please dont act liek the franklin fans were all perfect and all full of class because the second we sat down i got nailed in the back of the head 3 times by parents with ice and all sorts of things, this was when i first sat down, we werent yelling at the ball boys so i dont know where you got that from, and we had to sit over on the franklin side because there were no more seats, yes we were doing the scoreboard thing because many adults behind us were being jerks and asking us what the score of the franklin-brentwood game was and this was just as we sat down, this is a huge rivalry game so your gonna have plenty of trash talkin and all that stuff, we werent talkin trash to anyone, we got flicked off and cussed at but we didnt say anything back, the only trash talkin we might of did was the scoreboard thing, so please dont blame everything on us, lastly i would liek to say i have the utmost respect for the franklin players-in the game they showed much class and didnt talk trash at all, they are great players and we both have a lot of respect for eachother; and yes you would be cheerin your butts off too if you were in our position so sorry for gettin excited, good luck to both teams in the playoffs and i believe that one of us three teams will end up in the bcb; good luck franklin and good luck dickson

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DE64, I apologize for my parents if they truly were that rude to you guys, and not to get into it, but you were yelling at our ball boys who had Jersey's on- yelling their numbers telling them to pull their pants up- anyway- good luck to BHS, DCHS and FHS- I agree DE64, a team outta our district will meet Lincoln Co or DC in the BCBS

I wasn't at the game, but listened to it on the radio while watching the MBA-BA "Granny White Pike Home Cooking Show" (but that's for another thread about "Clock Management."). First of all, Franklin, now you know how we felt after the OT loss-hollow, depressed, like something was taken away from us. So I won't pile on in your grief. Congratulations on your first championship. Secondly, you know, the players all get along and have respect which has been earned on the field-the fans on ALL sides have issues (unresolved hostility, jealousy, inadequate career paths, whatever). You mix those people with high school kids and then give them the internet-POW! Anytime you put fans of opposing factions on the same side of the field-and I don't care if its Mid State Youth football or the NFL-stuff is GOING to happen that you won't like. Rational people do and say things in those settings that defy description. It's happened to me and I expect it. And having players from an opposing team at your game, I hope didn't surprise you. Last year, I talked with Cody Green and few of his teammates at BHS when they were at our game. Nice young men. Now that I've gotten that off of my chest, we can bury the regular season and move on to the playoffs. For me, I will be pulling for my hometown team and for all of the Williamson County teams as they go on or if we fall. Scouting word on Hunters Lane-they have more speed than you do, so make changes in your offense. On this point I agree with BDD.

Let me begin by saying that as a former student and player at Franklin High School

(many years ago) I want to thank my son (also an alumnus) for getting me back out to the games this year. I have had a most enjoyable autumn following the 2003 football Rebels. Not once have I seen these young men quit and very, very rarely have I observed anything that seemed remotely unsportsmanlike even though there has been a flag or two. What I have observed on many occasions is a Franklin defender knocking the snot out of an opponent and then helping him to his feet. Class. Sportsmanship. Determination. Perserverance. Those are the qualities I have observed.

This morning I want to say to every player, every parent, and every coach that y'all have done an outstanding job. Good players are usually good people. Good people usually come from good parents. When you combine those sort of players with a quality, disciplined coaching staff, you cannot help but win both on and off the field.

You guys are winners this morning. I know the pain you are experiencing. It is no fun. I have experienced it. Be encouraged. There are bright days ahead both on and off the field. This season and your future is far, far from over. Go Rebels!

I drove by centennial on the interstate at about 9 and i think by what i saw on the scoreboard, centennial won. So am i correct in saying:

1. Brentwood, DC, and Franklin are all region champs.

2. Brentwood will host Hendersonville

3. Dickson will host Glencliff

4. Franklin will travel to Hunter's Lane

5. Centennial will travel to Antioch

is that all true?

Good luck to everyone, i strongly believe that someone from region 6 will go to state this year.

That's correct statechamp, I believe that's how Region 5 turned out (I'm not sure about Hendersonville and Glencliff, haven't checked, so I'll take you word for it). You have three of the best four teams in the state right here in Region 6. I firmly believe that. In the old playoff system, two Region 6 teams could meet in the state championship... I think the state championship will be decided over the next couple weeks, before December 6. We'll see though. Congratulations to all three Region 6-5A Champions... I think the games show the parity between all three. Way to go!

pg23, sorry but i didnt hear anyof our guys yell at the ballboys, we had guys there that didnt play football who might have yelled it so sorry about that, anways fromthetop is right its a new season and we can bury the hatchet, this region is packed with great teams and this is going to be a very exciting playoffs, so good luck to the rebels and cougars, lets please stop this no class stuff, i firmly believe that every team in this region has great class, like i said before all of us players from every team respect one another so much, so hopefully us players can rub off onto some of those fans who are classless at times and i am including everyone even from brentwood, etc. so good luck and go bruins

Didn't see the game, but it must have been and exciting one. Seems like that all we've had this year are either blow-outs or nail-biters. Congratulations to DC on a good win and consolations to Franklin on a tough loss. Good luck to both teams in the play-offs. I expect to play one or both of you again down the road. Hope everybody stays healthy.

Brentwood will host Glencliff

Dickson Co. will host Hendersonville

Centennial travels to Antioch

Franklin travels to Hunters Lane

There is a good possibillity that franklin and brentwood will play eachother in the second round and if Dickson keeps playing like they did last night then there will be a possible region 6 battle in the 3rd round (quarterfinals) between Dickson and Brentwood/Franklin. Best of luck to all teams in this great region in preperation for the playoffs.