4A play-off picture

MRedRebels

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Region 4 is being overlooked and underestimated. Like purplepounder said, there are three quality teams in Rhea, Chatt Central and Cleveland that will be in the playoffs. Maryville and Knox Central are very good teams as well, but keep in mind Cleveland beat Central pretty handily last year...Maryville is still a very, very good team, but not as overpowering as they were last year. Chattanooga Central has emerged as very strong team, despite what their three loss recrod indicates. The same goes with Rhea County: not a blowout team. There are going to be a lot of very close games in the first two rounds between these six schools. Take note of that and look at this post two fridays from now.

Was that Red Bank Rhea game the first game of the season??? I know that Red Bank lost one of their big Playmakers Eric Marsh in the first game, or their first win.

Purple Pounder - You are right that Tyner was the only team that whipped, you, but I would put Knox Central and Maryville on the same level as Tyner, if not better. Also, you pretty much avoided commenting on the close games against Hixson and Red Bank (two non-playoff teams).

I really do think that Region 3 will go 3-1 with either Powell or West pulling an upset.

In the 3 vs. 4 matchups, here are my picks:

Obviously, Maryville will end Rhea Co's season.

Knox Central should be able to handle East Ridge if they play like they can.

Powell will probably drop one to a much stronger Chatt Central team.

And if Cleveland loses some players due to suspensions, and West can stop Barber, they can pull off the upset. If not, they lose.

In the second round, I think Maryville will beat Chatt Central, and Knox Central will either have a good game with Cleveland (can't pick a winner), or will beat Knox West for the second time this year.

i would like to agree with VG the winner of JCM Melrose will win the west. Jcm has a ligit shot at beating Melrose this year. Plus jcm will have the home feild advantage. And jcm has alot of momentum right now. If they can keep their heads on straight they have a good shot at going all the way.

sorry i didnt coment on the other games. from the beginning of the year i have been saying...watch out for red bank because they are better than people say and we took them and hixson forgranted we thought it was gonna be an easy win and we almost got beat for it. i think we can beat rhea county if we replayed them and i think we can beat cleveland if we replay them i mean they beat us by 2 points and we were beatin them. and i said that i had been conservative...until then and if you think that you can take your 4 state championship rings and lay them out on the field and the golden eagles are gonna lay down for maryville......your wrong wrong wrong. rhea by 5......and thats what i beat you maryville is thinkin....."us...get beat first round...yeah right...we have won the state 4 times out of the last 5 years"

Edited by purplepounderfootball

Coach Quarels is 17-1 in playoffs during the last 4 years. He simply knows how to get his players up for this time of the year. I'm not saying Rhea couldn't beat Maryville, because on any given night . . . What I am saying is Rhea won't beat Maryville. That's it. Maryville will win by at least 2 or 3 scores.

You havn't been talking to AEROADRUNNER have you pounder?

well no i havent been talkin to roadrunner although i have seen some of his posts. yeah your right they did run it down our throats and i didnt say we should have i said we would if we replayed yall. i hope cleveland beats the heck out of west and i think its time for me and you to team up a bit and pull for region 4..until we play again that is. there is alot of talk about a region 3 4-0 sweep of region4 and i dont see it.

Edited by purplepounderfootball

• 5 weeks later...
Morristown West will whip everyone in Upper East Tennessee.

Maryville,Cleveland or Central will meet Morristown West in the semifinals.

Hillsboro and Melrose will meet in the West.

Who wins this? Who knows! It will be wide open this year.

Maryville will be even better next season. Maryville could win it this year. Next season they could be the favorite.

rebelron......may I borrow your crystal ball?