Smallest Gym in Tennessee

Timber

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boyd Christian in McMinnville has the smallest gym I've seen. Three or four rows of portable, metal bleachers. The fans on the visitors side have to really pay attention because their feet have to sit on the out of bounds line. When the ball is thrown in from the side, they have to seperate so the player has enough room to stand. The tile floor just adds to the effects.

Adamsville use to have a very small gym. The bleachers were only on one side of the floor. These were not the standard set of gymnasium bleachers. These were custom built at a much higher angle than standard sitting to allow some sort of sitting arrangements for the spectators. It seemed like the crowd was right on top of the court because the top row was so high and close to the court.

On the other side where the teams sat, the benches were so close to the sideline that if you sat on the bench, your feet would be on the court. There was no room for a scorer`s table between the 2 benches so they had constructed a booth about 10 feet off the floor and attached it to one of the walls at the end of the court.

To notify the scorer that he was going into the game, a substitute had to press a button that was attached to the wall in between the two benches. That in turn set off a buzzer in the scorers booth on the wall at the end of the court. The scorer`s would kind of wave down to you to let you know they realized you were waiting to go in the game.

They have since built a much nicer gym. But that was one heck of a place to play on the road back then.

If there's a high school gym smaller than Summertown's in the country, I'd like to see it. The entire inside of the gym was made out of the same tree. Driving layups are ill-advised. You are never more than 3 or 4 feet away from a wall when you throw it in.

Ok the smallest gym I have ever played in is Philladelphia Jr. high this is the smallest gym there could ever possibly be! The court acctually touches the bleachers so to get to your seat you have to walk on the court and the gym is this hideous color of purple to add the very small gym. I know it isnt highschool but I just had to mention it.....The 3 point line is like 3 inches away from the out of bounds so you have to stand on your toes to hit a three from the corner.