Smallest Gym in Tennessee

Timber

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The old gym at Boonshill was incredible small. No room at all to throw a ball in. The gym had one small set of bleachers that were two rows deep. The rafters came down to such an angle, that you had fans hanging from the rafters. They could easily climb up to the rafters and watch the game. The scoreboard was manual and someone manually put up the score, as each team made a basket.

The post about Boonshill reminds me of a few other schools that were consolidated a few years ago. Campbellsville, Bodenham, Bethesda and Hillsboro (Williamson Co) had VERY small gyms and were very tough to play in. If memory serves me well, Hillsboro (Williamson Co) had two rows of seats and a one row balcony on each side. They also had a line about 3 feet inside of the out of bounds lines so that inbound plays could be made.

Also remember Bodenham selling 9 oz Sundrop bottles at the concession stand.

I don't think it is the smallest...but it is definately the best place to play. Baylor vs. McCallie at BAYLOR is the greatest high school basketball atmosphere in the state.

I do agree that even though Baylor's gym is very small, It is so much fun to be able to scream at the McCallie fans and actually have a fight you can hear.

No doubt that we have the smallest in West TN. (except for Carroll Acd) But it is a dog fight when people come to( The Burg.) I have heard too many fans call me names for my liking.(ours and theirs)!!!!!!!! But we do have new bathrooms in the lobby! Our new pads on the walls cost more than the gym did when Noah built it.