Jefferson Co. vs. William Blount

cruzey

Hey boyz!

Gov Man, thanks for the description...I do know you and Dr. Rip was right you are such a loser!

Tee Hee, just joshin' I love you gov man and Dr. Rip...you might be as smart as the Governor representative...buy you can't hold a candle to the girl from the mountains, sweet sweet Susie!

If you have more formal education, more informal education whatever, you still don't have the edukation that I have!

I noticed you don't pick on me...just on the gov man...what's up with that. The Gov man has too much class to banter back and forth with you...I on the other hand do not!

I don't have two things that exude class...the C and the L, so smarty britches what am I?

Figure that one out...and I will be impressed with your overwhelming knowledge.

Congratulations to the Jeff County Patriots...the Governors represented well!

Love you boyz!

:o

I agree with your sentiments Susie, well said.

Govman, your boys surprised me, they played a hard fought game tonite and should be proud. Once again the Jeff Co D came up big, the WB wing T really looked sharp all of the first half but sputtered towards the end. I had half a mind to come and yell "Govman" at anyone wearing an orange cap but when I glanced over and half the visitor's stands were sporting one I decided against it.

Not tryin to butter you folks up but truthfully the Govenors were one of the classiest teams I have seen my boys play in a while. Situations that normally end with jawing and shoving ended with a pat on the rear. Great sportsmanship by both teams.

One point I know you WB folks will be on is the long reception to Tyler Brown, there was definetly contact between the DB and Tyler. It did not appear to me that Tyler shoved the other player to the ground, I think the contact was incidental. No matter if it was or not, I think that was one of the most amazing catches I seen on Leroy Shannon Field, he one handed that beast, while stumbling. Tyler played a good game, and kept his mouth in check.

So Tyler when you read this, NO I AINT HATIN! You did good tonite kid.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lawyer,

Was proud of WB ... they played like they deserved to be there. As a Blount fan, I'd like to have seen interference called on Brown, but it wasn't and it was a wonderful catch. Had WB taken care of business and got a couple of first downs after they recovered that fumble, they could have ran the clock out and gone in at half ahead by 1. Oh well.

How about the Blount kid dropping that pass over in the corner of the endzone there at the end of the half. Who knows what might have happened if he had caught it. I felt bad for him. He was so open, I think it shocked him.

Wasn't pleased overall with refereeing Lawer, but that's a losing fan crying though. If you get a chance to watch a replay, see if think the block in the back penalty they called on Blount's #40 on the long punt return was a good call. It's always hard to tell when you just see it once at game speed, but we thought he had his head around and made a good block.

I'm waiting for Rip7 to get on and tell me that Blount's #33 doesn't belong on the same field with Jennings and Houston. I thought he showed last night that he certainly does.

Oh well, it's a game of "ifs and buts." If Blount doesn't have a few calls go against them; if they pick up a few more inches on two or three times when they came up 4 and short. If the ref's call "offsides" on Jeff County that one time instead of delay of game on Blount at the start of the second quarter. If the kid catches either of those passes in the endzone at the end of the half. If Brown doesn't make that incredible catch, or if the refs decide to say he "pushed" our defender to the ground to make the catch. Oh well, let me just say it guys as I whine, the calls most certainly went against Blount all night, regardless of whether they were all valid or not, we got hurt alot more by penalties than Jeff did, and for us to even have a chance we had to get every break possible. End of whine.

Boy, Jennings is hard to bring down. He just bounces off of people. And Houston was as quick as expected. Also, #2 looked like a pretty good runner. Overall, I thought the Blount D did a GREAT JOB of containing these guys.

Houston came over after the game and congratulated some of our players that were lamenting the loss on the sideline. Don't know much about the kid, but it was a classy gesture. Overall I thought both teams showed good class during and after. Sometimes, us "grown-ups" watching from the stands get mad when we think a kid is celebrating a little too much after a run, or catch, or tackle, etc., but we have to remember ... they're teenage boys playing a game. It happens sometimes.

Good luck to the Patriots and Coach Meadows next week. You've got your work cut out for you, but you've got the "guns" to get it done.

Govman,

How could I forget the drop in the endzone? That was definetly a huge play. It had shades of the VT/Miami game on the fake field goal for Miami. My heart really does go out to that kid because I know he is not happy with himself.

The fumble on the goal line is really not like Jeff Co. I couldnt really tell what happened but I think the exchange was a little shaky and Scoot never had the ball.

Like I said earlier in this thread, the WB dline needed to just fill the holes and let the backers make the tackles. I think they did a great job of this, they got alot of hits on Jeff, Scoot, and Carson on the line of scrimmage, besides DB maybe the best Ive seen a team do that this year.

I thought Wojo threw a very good game, really surprised me. I knew the kid had an arm from Jeff CO playing them in baseball (I was the voice of Patriot baseball last year.) But he was pretty elusive and could throw on the run, he picked apart the zone many a time.

As far as the block in the back on the punt return. This is what I saw....the JC player was slowin to make the play, he was almost past the returner, and the WB player ran into his back, so yes he did hit him in the back and it looked like a block to me.

WB was definetly penalized more than JC. I dont know if that was the refs fault, because I was lookin at the game with a blind Patriot eye.

No matter what the answer to the if's and but's, both teams played a good clean game and should be proud.

It may be alittle late commenting on this game, but I want to commed the WB team. They showed a lot of class, and heart. After #3 dropped the pass wide open in the end zone, at the end of the half, he was hanging his head pretty low, and understandably, then there came 8 or so WB players running back down the field after most everyone had cleared off, to walk with him and lift him up. That impressed me, too often, and unfortunately on JC as well, they would just kick that man when they are down.

Not to take anything away from the WB team, but if the field was dry, I believe it would have been a complete different ball game, I believe JC would have scored at will. But that goes in the if and but section and the best team has to be able to play and win regardless of conditions.

WB, again you are a much better team than your record shows. Nothing to hang your head about. I don't know how many you have coming back next year, but I have a new respect for your team and program.