Oliver Springs

OSCATFAN

Swildcatfan thinks there is no need to even play the game of football.  If each team just faxes each other their roster, the head coaches can see what team has the most seniors then the team with the most automatically wins.  Simple math boys, which makes me wonder if the Lipscomb kids are getting a good foundation of math in their younger years.

Does anybody know how many seniors Riverdale has?  I am curious if Lipscomb could beat them also, playing as individuals acourse.  (NOT SOUR CASISM)

Please allow me to say this about myself before I get called one by someone else: like paper, I too am a jack ###### (admitting it is the first step to recovery). Now that we have that out of the way, I can proceed with my sarcastic remarks.

Last year's Mitchell team had 52 players on their play-off roster. That number is lower than that of Lewis Co., Loretto, Huntingdon, Peabody & Westview out of the west. Does TSSAA know about this? Apparently they missed that. Should we go back and have Mitchell forfeit? Oh well, if the TSSAA ruled one way then it must stand; they would never go back and change something after they ruled.

I have to know: Why can't Sweetwater have 60 on their team? They have an enrollment of 489 and Lispcomb has an enrollment of 513, so what keeps their numbers so low (46 on last year's roster as compared to Lipscomb's 61)?

As for the original message on this thread, there is no way OS can win it all - they had 46 on their roster last year, and there's no way they could have too many more this year. Sorry OS, no since showing up. Now I know you have an enrollment of 507, but that doesn't really matter. I know you have had a good season and have good players, and probably even have a good "team", but that doesn't matter. You may be well coached, well disciplined and well fed, but there's no way you're beating 1) a team with more players, 2) a city school, 3) a private school. Lipscomb and Goodpasture are 3 out of 3, Tyner is 2 out of 3. Maybe Westmoreland can beat Tyner and then you have a chance. Never mind, there's no way: Westmoreland is small in numbers, rural and public. Wow! I can't believe Coach Kelly at Westmoreland even fields a team. Anyway, better luck next year OS.

Edited by The Italian Stallion

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oliver Springs will win the superbowl. They are the greatest! They are "For Real". They beat everyone they faced by lots and lots of points. They even have fireworks and stuff. They rule the world! They might as well not even show up for the games. Just give them the trophy. Shoot some more fireworks off too.

What's your problem buddy? Look, just play your game and keep the talking low. That way, if you lose, it doesn't look quite as bad. I don't know who set you off on OS, but man you have got some issues. I don't no about everyone, but I never said they were the best or ruled the world. I don't control the fireworks and neither does anyone on this thread so back off and play YOUR game with HV

ACCARP.

Bah, no need for me to get snippy...you have no idea what I think or feel about team ball. I am all for it. I was just trying to say that there is no way there haven't been more players from Lipscomb that should have been playing college ball.

If it seemed that is what I felt, I am sorry. However, playing team ball is always better when you have great players to perform it.

TankTalk, You shouyldn't have edited your original post about paper calling paper what he is. I know him, and he's not worth arguing with. He needs to stick w/ coaching middle sachool girls volleyball. Give him a TSSAA card and a Coach T account and he thinks he has the right to say whatever he wants. I think he's from the left coast, so what does he know about good-old-boy football? He needs to bury his head in the sink hole in his back yard.

Here is a summary of what paper said:

"I am an antagonizing jerk."

As for tackle, now he's a geek of a different color. He must be bored, lonely, resourceful and cheap (don't ask me how I know he's cheap - it's just an intuition). Anybody who would take the time to look up all that stuff has issues. I've researcxged everything he's said, and only 99% of it's true, but again, what kind of geek does that sort of research?!?!? And his math seems a bit off. I sure hope he's not a math teacher. I bet he's too stupid to be a good father too. He's also the one that wants to go back to the good ole days of one room schools (see his thread on Small Town Schools). Yeah, we need to go back to the days of Little House on the pRarie. Nellie wuold be a great QB (very spunky), Mary a good nose-tackle (scrappy, but poor vision), Manly a good cheerleader.

Itallion Stallion is anything but a stallion. Anybody can sit behind a computer and make sarcastic comments. Why don't you tell us who you are and then be so bold and arrogant? I bet you and I wouldn't get along very well. And your numbers are way off. Lispcomb had 62 last year, Mitchell 51, and OS 45.

I hope OS beats Tyner, Lipscomb and Goodpature just to prove a point. And I hope they meet MBA in the Blue Bonnett Bowl and beat them too.

Scissors,

I may not be very good in math, but I know the playoff brackets. Oliver Springs will not beat Lipscomb, Tyner and Goodpasture (Unless this is like little league baseball and you can pick-up the best players from teams that are eliminated-hey that is not a bad idea!) Only 1 team from regions 3 and 4 can make the 4th round. It may very well be Tyner, Goodpasture or Lipscomb.

From what I have heard, Oliver Spring, Gatlinburg Pittman and Alcoa are the 3 most likely teams to come out of Regions 1 and 2.

No matter who makes it to round 4, it should be a great game. ANYONE who makes it that far will be tough.

Scissors,

I may not be very good in math, but I know the playoff brackets. Oliver Springs will not beat Lipscomb, Tyner and Goodpasture (Unless this is like little league baseball and you can pick-up the best players from teams that are eliminated-hey that is not a bad idea!) Only 1 team from regions 3 and 4 can make the 4th round. It may very well be Tyner, Goodpasture or Lipscomb.

From what I have heard, Oliver Spring, Gatlinburg Pittman and Alcoa are the 3 most likely teams to come out of Regions 1 and 2.

No matter who makes it to round 4, it should be a great game. ANYONE who makes it that far will be tough.

More useless research from a very bored man. Don't bother me w/ all these meaningless details. OK then, I hope OS beats Boyd-Buchanan, BA and William Blunt and meets Louisville Trinity in the Mayo Clinic Bowl.

[TankTalk, You shouyldn't have edited your original post about paper calling paper what he is.  I know him, and he's not worth arguing with.  He needs to stick w/ coaching middle sachool girls volleyball.  Give him a TSSAA card and a Coach T account and he thinks he has the right to say whatever he wants.  Here is a summary of what paper said:

"I am an antagonizing jerk."

A little FYI (that means for your information) SCISSORS. You don' even know how to spell sachol you big dufus. Hello! there is only one "o" in it, not to. Also, I coach CC (that means cross county, not crew chief). That means I know a little about FB (football) because we both are fall sports. As far as my TSSAA (Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association) card, yes I do have one and I am proud of it, it is even laminated.

As far as being an antagonizing jerk, whell, it takes one to know one. By the way, you overzealous parent, what team are you with?

I think all of you guys are missing the emphasis on the success of Lipscomb's program. Everyone wants to focus on the success of Lipscomb's players when it is in fact the coaching staff that has made the team great in my opinion. If you look at their stable of coaches they have some real football geniuses(this is sarcazsm paper) None of Lipscomb's coaches could even spell football much less coach it. Have you ever seen their offensive line coach? He is about as far from being a line coach as scissors is from being intelligent! And what about their defensive line coach, anyone who can't make it as a football coach in Alabama deserves to be doomed to a life of being a youth minister or something. It seems to me that none of Lipscomb's good players ever even come back to be part of the program. Only 1 lipscomb coach even went to school there and he wouldn't have even been hired if they didn't need an alumni on the staff to run the alumni club.

So everyone can say what they will, but Lipscomb will be lucky to make it out of the first round this year if there coaches have any effect on the team.

I think all of you guys are missing the emphasis on the success of Lipscomb's program. Everyone wants to focus on the success of Lipscomb's players when it is in fact the coaching staff that has made the team great in my opinion. If you look at their stable of coaches they have some real football geniuses(this is sarcazsm paper) None of Lipscomb's coaches could even spell football much less coach it. Have you ever seen their offensive line coach? He is about as far from being a line coach as scissors is from being intelligent! And what about their defensive line coach, anyone who can't make it as a football coach in Alabama deserves to be doomed to a life of being a youth minister or something. It seems to me that none of Lipscomb's good players ever even come back to be part of the program. Only 1 lipscomb coach even went to school there and he wouldn't have even been hired if they didn't need an alumni on the staff to run the alumni club.

So everyone can say what they will, but Lipscomb will be lucky to make it out of the first round this year if there coaches have any effect on the team.

Mustangfan,

You must have two accounts, and your other one is tackle becasue that was the most worthless post I've ver read (and I've read some bad ones - What esle is a guy supposed to do all day at work?!?!?). I'm still unsure of exactly what the point of your post was. And you are wrong about Lipscomb losing in the first round. According to the Italian Stallion, Lipscomb will win every game b/c they have more players on theri team. Now, I grew up in a different state (not the same state as paper: the state of delusionment), but last time I checked, teams are only allowed to have 12 on the field at a time. So it doesn't matter how many are on the sidelines. If a team has 200 on their team then 186 must remain on the sideline w/ the coaches. And from what I read about the Lispcomb coaching staff, standing next to them fools may not be a good thing.

Paper,

BTW (that means "by tha way"), you sure talk a lot of smack. And one day when you're a parent you'll understand. Until then, just keep running in circles.

tnfootball45, If I'm not mistaken you have to win tonight to advance as does everyone else who takes the field. I hope everyone has a safe journey tonight. GO BOBCATS (1 game @ a time) Take care of business tonight I know you guys aren't looking ahead to 11/14 like so many others are. Good luck to Alcoa & Sweetwater tonight. Good luck to Rockwood also inspite of all the negative comments from some posters on this board.

Don't you just wish you had the power to keep me from responding LOL LOL LOL.