BA vs. MBA

itzme

The clock and "Were they set?" aside, what does everyone think of BAs attempt at a qb draw with no timeouts and 17 seconds left? Sure MBA probably wins the game if their snapper doesn't snap high, but there wouldn't even be this thread if BA calls a pass play. Any thoughts?

This has already been explained. The call was a pass play and BA's QB made a mistake and ran the ball when no one was open. It was NOT a QB draw.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if they were moving, it's a dead ball foul and the play never started...but, with the clock already moving, the game would have been over, as the game can't continue because of an offensive penalty (I think). if it's too few men on the LOS, the penalty is enforced and the game is over, as, again, time is not put back on the clock because of an offensive penalty (I have no rule book but I think that's the case)...the game can end with offensive penalties, but not defensive penalties...

I have no idea whether or not either of these things actually happened, but if they did, the game is over...

Was there time left? It doesn't matter b/c the game is over and MBA loss. It is sad when no one can quit making excuses. From reading this board prior to the game it shouldn't have even been close. If MBA had played the game everyone had hyped them to they wouldn't have lost. The game is over and MBA is not promised a win against McCallie/ MUS winner either.

Explained by who, the coach?  The qb didn't even get set up, let alone look to see if anyone was open (and don't say he was pressured b/c it hadn't gotten there yet.)  May still have been a mistake by the qb, but to this observer that play looked like a run all the way.

Sorry, WesVols, but I have to agree with the above statement.

I think that BA should have just snapped the last field goal of regulation over the holder, and the kickers head. Then no one would have argued anything and BA would have lost it. But MBA did that so BA won it. thankyou

Hey Hunter how about learning how to win with class? You sure are running your gums a lot for Senior who doesn't even play football. We won the game so why do you have to keep making a big deal out of nothing. It is crap like this that causes prople to hate us. Grow up and quit embarrassing our school.

Edited by Bighurt

Perhaps this has been posted on another thread, but I have not searched the boards for it. Therefore, if this is repeating the news, please excuse the repetition.

A friend of mine who is an MBA alum sent me the following news:

The TSSAA has sent a letter to both Rutledge and Flatt that stated that

they have reviewed the film of the controversial FG at the end of the game.

They judged that time had clearly expired before the snap, that the

officials blew the call and have been reprimanded.

The TSSAA went on to say that the officials also violated a TSSAA rule that

says that the officials will establish and maintain throughout the entire

game a consistent pace at which the ball is reset for the next play. This

means that the officials cannot hurry-up toward the end of a period to

expedite play as time runs out (even though one of the teams may be trying

to expedite play) - they must maintain the previously established rhythm.

The officials at the BA game were cited by the TSSAA for hurrying-up at the

end to facilitate the last snap.

Apparently, the TSSAA has admitted that the officials made a mistake.