Warren County Job opening!

theraiderman

In my opinion I think the problem with Warren Co from a players standpoint is they live in the past. Im not a player but know what its like. From the games Ive have seen of them, they always a few good athletes. More than a handful, enough to win a football game. Like I said they live in the past. They are so use to loosing, that everytime they go out on the field they dont expect to win. Everytime they go to workout, they dont work hard b/c they think whats the point. Now I'm not saying this is what they are thinking, its just my opinion and what it looks like. They need to hold their head up, work hard everyday, go out to get better. Forget about whats happend in the past. As hard as it is, try to forget the losses and think about winning. Anyone can win, its just a choice you have to make to want to get better and dedicate yourself and be a better football team. Like said in an earlier post, they need a coach from around the area that takes pride in the school, is calm and classy and knows the game. Forget about the past, and look forward to the future.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya'll kill me... 'hire from outside, hire from outside'... don't say an outsider has no chance, that's all they've hired recently...'hire from inside, hire from inside'... eagle79 is right that it worked for baseball, but implies they haven't done it in other 'major' sports (that would really have the title IX folks on ya for that one 79)... it has been done in the 'minor' sports and it's not working there... here's ya an idea... hire someone, no matter where they're from, who (gasp) knows what they are doing!

and cutback, please don't pretend to know these kids, cause those of us who know them and their families know how far off you really are...

but what do i know, i wasn't even in the band...

Edited by southpaw24

Southpaw24, great post. However it seems to logical to me. Do you think the so called "decision makers" in this town have the brainpower to hire someone who actually knows football? I have not seen anything with their recent hires that would indicate to me that they have a clue as to what a real football coach should be. Also, could someone give me the rules and regs regarding volunteer coaches. I know that Brentwood and several other schools seem to have multiple volunteer coaches on their staffs.

But what do I know, I never even liked the band...

ELA,

I don't know where you coach and don't want to be rude, but I'd love to see a guy like Scott Smith or yourself take your offensive philosophy and take it to a school with great athletic material each and every year at the 4A or 5A level. I think you could do great things at an urban/suburban type school with that philosophy. Now, it would take a year or two to implement and you would probably take some lumps, but once you got that ball rolling, it would never stop.

ELA is the OC at an urban 4a school.

No Stan I don't know the answer. I've heard a lot of people say that a lot of coaches have come out of Warren Co. I'm wondering if there is any truth to the names I've heard. One name in paticular was a coach at one of the Nashville schools. Can't remember which one. You'd think there was one at every school in the midstate.

You know more than you're letting on...

Jerry Link at Hillwood is from McMinnville.

I can only think of four football coaches coaching in Tennessee (outside of Warren County) who are from Warren County. There are probably others, but these are the ones I can name:

Link

Britton

Snow

Christian

Burley,

Maybe you should try to get the Warren County job. It is apparent from other posts about Moore County that you can do the job better than Price. It seems as if you are the coach and know all the answers, Price is just blowing the whistle. Get off the fence and let the man coach. Coaching is not easy, if it was everyone would be doing it.

Guest region4fan

I personally think that Steve Britton has paid his dues. He knows winning and how to get kids to believe in themselves. He is the man for this job... being a.hometown boy adds icing in the cake!!

southpaw, I agree with Eagle79, the only way to get a coach to stay for a long time is to hire from the inside. Anyone you hire from outside of Warren County has one goal in mind: improve Warren County and therefore improve themselves so they can take a better offer as soon as it comes along. You have to hire someone who cares about Warren County and Warren County Football. It has to be someone the players can look up to and someone that they can connect with. That will not happen until someone is hired from within. The last time this happened was Fisher. At the time, it seemed as though he wasn't having much success, but from recent results, he had more success than the out-of-towners have had. Some of you are looking at this situation and thinking that Warren County fans are closed minded. The reason we want someone from within is we want someone who can weather the storm that comes from losing. We want someone who is willing to be proud of Warren County. We want someone who will be along for the long haul, not duck and run during hard times or bolt at the first sign of a "better situation".

also, Smith52, a team may have a certain number of volunteer coaches, I believe it is 2 or 3. The head coach of all "major sports" must be a faculty member for the system. Other sports may use one non-faculty coach, but I believe football is allowed either 2 or 3.

Edited by homerWC

Southpaw24, great post. However it seems to logical to me.  Do you think the so called "decision makers" in this town have the brainpower to hire someone who actually knows football? I have not seen anything with their recent hires that would indicate to me that they have a clue as to what a real football coach should be.  Also, could someone give me the rules and regs regarding volunteer coaches.  I know that Brentwood and several other schools seem to have multiple volunteer coaches on their staffs.

But what do I know, I never even liked the band...

Agreed