Warren County Job opening!

theraiderman

smith52, cutback & homerWC, just to clarify... i'm not saying don't hire from within... i'm saying don't hire from within just to be hiring from within... if the best candidate (who i think would be the best coach available) is overlooked to hire a homeboy, then they are doing the kids an injustice... if the best coach available is a homeboy, then you have everything to gain in that circumstance... now that being said, i go back to what i posted very early on... i love the idea of hiring madewell and if i were a warren countian (i just work here) i'd prefer him over britton or snow... he may not be the best coach available, he may just be the best of those willing to tackle such a challenge... i go back to my stand on a previous thread, wc's problem is not where they get their coaches, it's POLITICS... whoever is hired (homeboy or not) will still face this problem and it will be no easy task, no matter where the new coach is from... i like your logic, i just think you're addressing the wrong problem.... the whole issue would be irrelevant if they had taken rankin when they had they chance-- the best candidate at that time-- learn from history or you're bound to repeat it... but what do i know, i beat up guys in the band...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One has to wonder just what kind of coach would take the WC job. With the pathetic record and lack of talent it is obvious that no matter who coaches this team they are going to lose more than they win. Warren County could be a career killer for many coaches. Until Andy Jacobs is removed from the process, i'm not sure it matters who they hire.

I think who ever gets the job would be proud to have it. Warren County has a great tradition dating back to the days of Jeff Womack.....Anytime you can combine a little talent a lot of heart, community support and solid coaching a team can go a long way......Scott Smith told me he thought that Warren County was a sleeping giant...I know that he has applied but feels like the job will go to a graduate if at all possible....if hired would Smith get a chacne to succeed?

Smith may be too smart for the people hiring in Warren County. I am sure that he would want certain obligations met before he accepted the job. Assistant coaches and their pay scale, weight room, equipment, 5+ year contract, middle school running both the offense and defense of the high school, etc... I am not really sure that the people in charge in WC would be willing to make the kind of commitment necessary for Coach Smith or anyone else to turn the program around. Let's not forget that WC is as far down as a program can go. It will take a total commitment of everyone from the school board, principal, teachers & coaches, students, booster club, and community pulling in the same direction for a number of years before they compete for any championships.

I know for a fact that Smith has applied....wants no commitment except to be able to coach football the way he knows...no demands, just wants to coach football in a place where football has been very important in the past....if kids want to win and will work hard ...that is all he asks

Shotgun, why won't they give him an interview? Is it something personal?