top underclassmen of your school

mrebel171113

Smyrna only has 2 sophmores who see quality playing time they are

#34 Brock Willis Brock starts at RLB and plays alot of special teams, in the riverdale game CSS gave him the tennessean"CRUNCH OF THE WEEK" , Brock is also the youngest guy on the team besides the freshmen that stayed to practice with the team

#58 Adam Smotherman starts on the o-line (G) and can play tacklr if needed and Smyrna has had over 2,000 yards rushing and also quite a few passing

#71 Josh Bryson started early this year on the D-line but had an injury in the mid season and has not fully recovered since

No freshmen start or see any playing time

Edited by theman06

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SShur48

What about those kids from anderson county. There JV teams went underfeated and there freshman team wasnt to bad either. Little john Phillips and Zack Lambert (the coach's son). They are outstanding freshman and they are going to be a tough team soon to be. They both play WR and CB they are fast and very smart on the field. Then there is Justin Carden. He has shown a lot of talent this year he will be a junior and he is going to be a good back. He runs the ball very hard. There is also a great offensive line coming up for the Mavs. There is all kinds of sophmores and freshman. David Ross a freshman linebacker is going to be on eof the best linebackers of all time for AC. He has tons of speed and if going to be tough to run over

Guest SShur48

O yeah and what am I thinking?? What about Austin Vann!!!! I have been to all his games this year and he has shown raw talent. He has 4 interceptions and 3 fumble recoveries and has great speed. He had another good game at Rutledge. He will be a junior next year and will be the starting QB for the Mavs. He will probably return punts and kicks too. He is one of the best DB's this year for the Mavs too. You cant over look this kid in a game. Did anyone happen to watch the game he played at Austin-East. He took over the game. This kid always comes thru in the clutch. When the game is on the line you gotta let him do his thing next year. He wants the ball you can always tell!! But the bad thing about him is he only steps up in big time situations not all the time!

Middle School football is different from High School

I remember when Ty Brock and Nick Giles were in the 8th grade Alcoa Middle School beat Maryville 54-6.  4 years later MHS drills Alcoa 45-19

Those young men aren't getting playing time because there are good upperclassmen in front of them.

One of those young sophomores(Ryan Tallent) rushed for 115yds vs Alcoa.

I do think Alcoa's future is bright. Maryville future is bright also.

rebelron.......

The title of the thread is, "top underclassmen of your school".

After 6 posts on one thread about underclassmen, I think everyone is well aware of maryvilles capabilities. There is no need to down-play another teams capabilities and potential. Let Alcoa have their say about their freshmen and you can have your say (even if it is redundant) about yours.

I was responding to Alcoa6 saying that Alcoa's underclassmen were so much better than Maryville's because of what happened in Middle School.

If you had read the rest of my post's,You would see that I bragged on Alcoa's underclassmen. I also bragged on William Blount's underclassmen. I wrote that Blount County had a ton of good underclassmen.

If you don't like my post's bragging on Maryville then don't read them.

I remember when Ty Brock and Nick Giles were in the 8th grade Alcoa Middle School beat Maryville 54-6.  4 years later MHS drills Alcoa 45-19

Those young men aren't getting playing time because there are good upperclassmen in front of them.

rebelron.......

After 6 posts on one thread about underclassmen, I think everyone is well aware of maryvilles capabilities. There is no need to down-play another teams capabilities and potential. Let Alcoa have their say about their freshmen and you can have your say (even if it is redundant) about yours.

I was responding to Alcoa6 saying that Alcoa's underclassmen were so much better than Maryville's because of what happened in Middle School.

If you had read the rest of my post's,You would see that I bragged on Alcoa's underclassmen. I also bragged on William Blount's underclassmen. I wrote that Blount County had a ton of good underclassmen.

I'll read what I likes, and I'll say what I likes with no concern to you or yours.

It is good to see a community that supports it's HS football, but...........

Keep it in perspective "Winslow", it is just that--> HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL.

Whether it is Maryville or TSD, the ramifications are miniscule.

Logan Cooke- Sullivan North - Big man-Hurt in varsity game but be back next year.

#78- Brandon White Key man in freshman, jv and varsity games.

#21 Jared Acton-RB/0L Big playmaker, 7 touchdowns, unknown yardage in rushing and receiving, played freshman, jv and varsity, Kicker as well. Several key tackles in varsity games.

#1 Danny Thomas-Freshman Quarterback, several touchdowns, touchdown in varsity game, safety in varsity. Quick young quarterback that thinks on his feet.

#7 Casey Lawson- Great Sophmore quarterback, lotsa talent here, plays defense as well.

rebelron.......

I'll read what I likes, and I'll say what I likes with no concern to you or yours.

I just wanted to quote this again...

rebelron.......

I just wanted to quote this again...

Wahoo!!! This is so much fun! Good thing we aren't allowed to just put a new post on here...I'm glad that we have to quote to get our point across.

I havent seen any Oak ridge post on this string so here goes. My biggest fear is leaving out someone. With 30 seniors on the team there arent many sophs getting a lot of playing time. And we didnt have any freshman in the Varsity for the same reason so here we go and please someone, anyone add anyone I missed because I do not want good players left out. My memory isnt as good as it used to be. I am also not mentioning Juniors as I understand we are talking soph and freshman.

I wasnt able to see much freshman ball so I am not going to mention any freshman either. Help me OR fans lets get some of these guys names out there. Also if there is something you can add to the players I mentioned please do that as well.

Sophmore Class Oak Ridge Wildcats

Running Backs:

Spencer Gulmire : I know yall have heard of this guy

Jake Vane : Hard nose fullback seeing a lot of varsity playing time

Lenard Blair : doesnt understand the concept of taking a hit, he will be the one giving the hit with or without the ball. Outstanding blocker

Daniel Johnson : Very Fast. very determined, Takes more than one man to get this cat to the turf. You think about a football player you think of this kid.

Kasey Reed : Very Quick. Very fast . He missed most of winter weight training and spring practice due to shoulder surgery. His surgery was a success due to the awesome Dr. McMahon. He still put up good numbers in JV this year. This kid would rather run you over than run around you. He runs north and south.

Quater back:

Revell Coffey : he has always been a good player but has finally got his growing spurt and is probably the most improved sophmore. He will be a big asset to the cats and will continue to make the cats not only a running team but the passing game will open up greatly he can throw it long and accurate.

wide receivers:

JJ Wells : Good hands good speed look for him to be a target

Micah Baker : Elusive, runs good routes, Good hands, very dependable

Linmen:

All of these guys know their game and come to play every day. They understand the concept you play the way you practice. They are still growing and getting stronger. Speed and size will help the backs look good. We all know linemen are the horse power in a football machine. OR will be a High Performance Machine thanks to these men

Eli Manning

Brandon Paul

Tyler Trent

Josh Whaley

Roll Wildcats Roll

Collinwoods has alot of underclassmen with talent:

#20 Dustin ''KILLER'' White 5'10'' 170 lbs. WR.

Has the ability to run over people who get in his way. Even though

I hear hes a cry baby.

#51 Zane ''Doobee'' Huskey 6'1'' 230 lbs. OL.

Big quick lineman who can pancake anyone who gets in front of him. Makes great blocks. Has had a holding problem.

#7 Andrew "Chester" Daniels 6'1'' 185lbs. WR.

Great hands who runs well after cacth, but has had a fumbling problem.

#89 Nathan "Nate Dawg'' Mays 6' 165lbs. WR.

Maybe red headed, but will make the oppoents red after he runs all over them.

# 45 Antonio Lewis 6'3'' 210lbs. TE.

Could be the best TE ever to go through Collinwood or Wayne Co.

#60 Jonathan ''Butterbean'' Carroll 5'5'' 305lbs. OL.

Big round lineman whos uses his big body to block has potential.

#33 Chris ''BK'' Simpson 6'2'' 200lbs. DT.

This kid is pure muscle. One of the best in the region last year.

Finds the ball quickly.

# 76 Daniel ''Chappy'' Hoagland 6' 170lbs. OL.

Small undersized, but has ability to be somthing great.