top underclassmen of your school

mrebel171113

Ooltewah started as many as eight Soph's this year at various times. They were QB - Zack Woods, RB - Terrance Lowdermilk, WR/S - Matt Lowe, CB/WR/RB - Hunter Hydas, OG - Ben Furman, DE/OT - Jon Holt, LB/TE - Blake McDade, LB/FB - Kyler Burke, S - John Howard, DT- Travis Scurlock, DT - Brandon McCulley. There are a couple more sophs that were ineligible due to transfers and a key injury during camp. Most of these players should start next year and help lead the Owls back to the playoffs.

The freshman class has a several players that could contribute next year as sophs.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom142

I was thinking the other day that there are a lot of stud freshmen and sophomores in Blount County. You showed everybody what Alcoa has.

William Blount has some very good sophomores in Brad Walker,Hamilton Borden,Ronald Osbourne and Lucas Wall.Darren Walker is a very good freshmen.

Maryville has some outstanding sophomores.

LT. Gary Tucker 6'2 250lbs

DL. Adam Cable 5'11 195lbs

RB. Ryan Tallent 5'9 175lbs

LB. Matt Valentine 5'11 200lbs

Other good sophomores are

S Caleb Edmiston 6'1 155lbs

OL Greg Holcomb 6'1 235lbs

LB Anthony Jackson 6'2 190lbs

RB/QB Katlin Kimsey 5'9 165lbs

RB/LB Jon Lawhon 5'11 180lbs

CB Curtis Tate 6' 165lbs

DE Justin Voto 6' 185lbs

Maryville's freshmen class is very special.

RB/LB Adrian Baker 5'9 180lbs

WR/DB Tyler Maples 6'1 165lbs

OL/DL Reese Brassler 6'1 205lbs

WR/DB Josh Burchett 6'150lbs

LB Tanner Caylor 5'9 160lbs

OL/DL Louis Darras 5'9 200lbs

DB Landon Hall 5'7 145lbs

OL/DL Justin Huskey 6'190lbs

LB Joseph Miranda 6' 190lbs

WR/DB Ryan Reisser 5'10 140lbs

RB/LB Ryan Singleton 6'175lbs

OL/DL Taylor Steele 5'10 235lbs

RB/DE Dwight Wood 5'10 170lbs

All those guys will be very good football players at Maryville.

I agree and all is good at Maryville. You guys have left out a few kids out who will contrbuite when there is room to move up. Some kids not metioned are behind guys where Maryville is strong. Kids like Tucker, Cable, Tallent, Valentine are doing a great job early, but....Maryville needed someone to step up at these positions because the rebs are thin at these positions. I think if GQ stays a few more years Maryville could win a few more SC, but we will see. Rhea co first!

To add to what Big H Outlaw said, Chris Donald is a 6'2 195 freshman from Huntingdon who rushed fror over 550 yds and 10 TD's this season. He started one game at tailback and the last 3 at fullback. ALso played a lot of defense at linebacker and defensive end. Outstanding athlete who also excels at basketball and baseball. Could dunk a basketball when he was in the 7th grade. May outgrow the backfield eventually but will be a force wherever he plays.

Phillip Weathers is small- 5'5 140 lb WR/DB who just makes plays. Last week against McKenzie he intercepted a pass and returned it almost 80 yds for a TD, rushed for a 73 yd TD and caught a bubble screen and turned it into a 79 yd TD. Great little soph.

CPA freshman Alex House got a start when All-State LB Will Hooper was recovering from a concussion the first 3 games. He has never left the lineup and probably has 70-80 tackes this year.

CPA freshman tailback Austin Harrison has had some injuries and missed some games, but he is cut from the same mold as Chris Wooden of DCA but maybe will end up being a little faster. With Austin a soplhomore next year and Luke landers back for his senior year, CPA's running game wil be sound.

Tom142 Posted on Nov 5 - 08:23 PM

Alcoa is just loaded with young talent

RB- Dustin Lindsey(So.) 985 yards rushing, 195 yards last week against Wartburg, is up for Knox Preps player of the week.

WR/DE- Brandon Warren(So.) 25 rec. and over 500 yards, and is a stud on defense top five in tackles, and leads the team in sacks..a great leader.

QB- Joei Feigler (So.) 1200 plus yards passing one of the better quarterbacks in the Knoxville area, has a great knowledge of the game.

OL's- Martin White & Drew Miller(So.'s)- Both great lineman Martin is over 300 pounds and is a stud center was all region last year as a freshman, Drew Miller is quickly improving as each week passes, improved his bench 50 pounds over the summer.

LB/FB- Logan Love(So.)- A tough runner had his best running game last week against Wartburg, not afraid to get in there and block you or hit you, played last year with a broken hand and still was an all- county performer.

DE- Ray Sykes(Fr.)- Probably the best freshman in Blount Co., has won player of the week in Blount Co. more than once, he's second on the team in sacks, and he leads the team in tackles with over 60. He definitely doesn't play like a freshman.

LB/FB- Bart Hicks(Fr.)- Bart definitely plays mad, HE WILL HIT YOU, doesn't get many carries at FB but he starts at linebacker and is second on the team in tackles, he is also the strongest person on the whole team, very impressive.

OL- Jacob Lequire(Fr.)- Replaced Martin White after he got hurt this year about two games ag0, and he has stepped up well, he's a starter on an O- line that let Dustin Lindsey gain near 200 yards last week against Wartburg, this kid's going to be special.

Also other talented Soph's and Frosh that get alot of playing time are are....So.'s- Jacob Shamblin-FS- believe he starts at safety very quick and records alot of tackles, Chance Frana-LB- Get's alot of PT at LB and on the D-line, contributes alot to the team, Mark Avery-OL- a big and aggresive player, hasn't played the game too long but he's catching on quick. Freshmen- Colton Reid- C- starting center, he's the coaches son which I think contributes alot to the greta knowledge he has of the game, Reed Guzzo-K- that's right he's our field goal kicker, he's consistently hit XP's all year this year.

Alcoa has loads of young talent, they've been a thrill to watch this year, and they should be electrifying in the future.

ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW !!!!! ALCOA will be a hard team to deal with for the next several years !! everyone in 2A better get them this year while they're all still young , because the next couple of years they should dominate !!

Edited by pepvol

ok first off its alcoa hands down. maryville may have all these kids or whatever, but are they getting any playing time???? if so its not anough to make a difference, maybe 2 or 3 are playing a lot. more than majority of alcoa's team is freshmen and sophmores. if you want to get technical its a JV team that went 7-3, second in their region, and currently on a 6 game win streak. find me another JV team that can do that and i will never say another word about or classes.

P.S.

when these kids from maryville and alcoa were in middle school, alcoa never lost to maryville.

Middle School football is different from High School

I remember when Ty Brock and Nick Giles were in the 8th grade Alcoa Middle School beat Maryville 54-6. 4 years later MHS drills Alcoa 45-19

Those young men aren't getting playing time because there are good upperclassmen in front of them.

One of those young sophomores(Ryan Tallent) rushed for 115yds vs Alcoa.

I do think Alcoa's future is bright. Maryville future is bright also.

REBELRON,

Yes Maryville does have a bright future ahead of them, Ryan Tallent is a stud running back....he played his first game of his high school career against Alcoa because of injuries to McCord and Byner, and he impressed me by rushing for 115 yards. Also the Linebacker, Valentine is a very talented player as well( I think he leads the team in tackles, correct me if I'm wrong.) Maryville has a very talented freshman class as well, I believe the freshman team went undefeated this year. Maryville will have a good team in the future which teams should still be scared of.