Lions at the Trojans Colliseum

GreenMan

A crown is definitely there; but, to my untrained eyes, the slope of Gatlinburg-Pittman's field (where CPA played a couple of years ago) appeared even more inclined than Collinwood's. It looked to me like G-P's field was a ridge with hash marks on it.

Which raises a question: are there official rules governing the slope of a playing field's crown?

Edited by aatiad

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We didn't have the crown on the field when I played. Instead we had a fence right behind where the players stand. They have since taken it down. If someone made a tackle on the sideline you better believe they ended up underneath that stupid fence. I was there a few times. I still have the scars. I think I've figured out who you are Hollywood85. Does your last name start with F and your first start with J?

We didn't have the crown on the field when I played. Instead we had a fence right behind where the players stand. They have since taken it down. If someone made a tackle on the sideline you better believe they ended up underneath that stupid fence. I was there a few times. I still have the scars. I think I've figured out who you are Hollywood85. Does your last name start with F and your first start with J?

Sorry gman. I'm not Jake. You're right about the crown, we didn't get that thing until my sophomore year when they resodded the middle of the field. I played with your brother. (If in fact you are who I think you are) We had the pleasure of dealing with the fence also.

For all you good Collinwood CoachT fans. I have some warm Krispy Kreme's in my trunk headed your way later on this afternoon.

Meet you around the Pressbox between 6:15 and 6:30.

I've got my three dozen for TSF, dozen regular, dozen chocolate covered and dozen chocolate kremed filled. See ya'll soon. Go Landers!!

Sorry HULK. I can't make the game, I've got to work. I would call in sick, but I'm 3 hours away and would have to drive back afterward since I go in Sat. morning at 7am. Thanks for the offer though. All you guys be sure to give me all the details. I'll be back on to check around 11:30. Good luck Trojans! Have a safe drive Lions!

Oh yeah, HULK did you say Lance? Who's Lance? :P

For all you good Collinwood CoachT fans. I have some warm Krispy Kreme's in my trunk headed your way later on this afternoon.

Meet you around the Pressbox between 6:15 and 6:30.

I've got my three dozen for TSF, dozen regular, dozen chocolate covered and dozen chocolate kremed filled.  See ya'll soon. Go Landers!!
What do the Las Vegas odds makers have the line set at?

OK, cbq, since you asked, I'll let you in on what my book---, um, ... I mean, uh, a "friend" just wired me.

1.) The regulars are going to get glazed tonight.

2.) The powdereds are going to take a dusting.

3.) The chocolates are will be completely covered.

Use this info as you see fit. But, I'll tell you this: my "friend" keeps me in the dough!

Oh, yeah, and about those cream filled -- by a nose. :P

Edited by BaldEagleEye

i remember last years game.....i almost froze to death......i recall the sidlines were solid mud........i also recall collinwood scoring and then trying a totally uncalled for onsides kick that really hurt them.........anyhow, i dont know about food but i bet some hot drinks would be nice like chocolate or coffee......im coming but i dread that drive, its gonna be a dreary one

Well after uhh the ahhh five dozen KK's I can hardly type or think. Guess it must be the sugar rush. THANKS GUYS! Good to get to see all you guys again and some of you for the first time. We forgot the pics though. Guess T thought that would be too much for the site. Hope you all had a safe trip home.

By the way great game. Didn't turn out like the Trojan fans had hoped. But hey it was fun anyway.