Jimmy Clausen and Maryville

VolunteerGeneral

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish all the Peyton Manning lovers will give it a rest. He's a heck of a QB, but every other UT QB that played UF at least twice has beaten them, except old Peyton. Tee Martin and Casey Clausen beat them with LESS TALENT AROUND THEM than Peyton had. Heath Shuler beat them his first try. Manning had Price, Nash, Kent, McCullough, Lewis, and Graham. Martin had Price, Lewis for 3 games, and Cheese. Clausen had Washington, Stephens,Stallworth, and Witten the first time, but none of them the second time. I'm not a big CC fan (I think PF struck some kind of deal with Jim Clausen on him and he may be the worst athlete playing QB in division 1), but the kid is tough as nails and tries his hardest. I have never thought Casey Clausen has ever dogged it. Plus, I think James Banks will be a good QB for UT, but Randy Sanders will have to learn the spread offense that Texas is running with Vince Young or what VT is starting to do with Marcus Vick. Let's face it, the college game is changing. The dropback QB is like a dying breed. Look at Vince Young, Bradlee Van Pelt, Marcus Vick, Craig Krenzel, Matt Jones, etc. The QB position is now where teams are putting a sub 4.5 guy in there and letting him run around and make plays. Chris Leak may be the last of a dying breed of great passers for a while.

mhs, I agree 100%. If Fulmer wasn't a stubborn old country boy (not that there is anything wrong with country boys), he'd cut ties with Randy and go find out who Norm Chow (who is the absolute best play caller at any level of college football and who UT has absolutely no chance of getting from USC) thinks is a young, up and coming playcaller and sign the guy. I like Phillip and I think he's a decent guy (I hope the rumors are wrong), but if he doesn't get rid of some of the dead weight on his staff, he's only about one more 8-5 from going down with the ship. I like Chavis, but my complaint on him is, do we ever cover the Tight End or backs out of the backfield, and please rename the vaunted "Mustang package." You're ruining the rep of a classic car.

pepvol, my setiments exactly, i think the offenseive line has been under ahcieving and inconsistant, stephens needs to go, and of course sanders needs to go. i do like fulmer though, and i believe like you said if clausen didnt get sacked so bad, and had some timely recievers, they would be undefeated, although the fumbles and interceptions hes made rest squarley on his shoulders. i wouldnt mind getting clausen the third, but im not sure the second is made of much different than the first.

Everyone keeps talking about how Casey has beat Florida. Florida has been down everytime Casey has played them while Peyton had to play them while they were a national powerhouse.

Florida during Peyton's Time

Loss-1995-(12-1) 2nd in the AP Poll and SEC Champs

Loss-1996-(12-1) 1st in the AP Poll, SEC and National Champions

Loss-1997-(10-2) 4th in the AP Poll

Florida during Casey's Time

Loss-2000-(10-3) SEC Champions

Win-2001-(10-2) BSC At-Large Bid

Loss-2002-(8-5)

Win-2003-Currently (6-3)

So if you look here the teams Peyton had to play were never ranked lower than four in the nation. Casey has been playing a Florida team that isn't as good. So it is unfair to say Casey has done better just because of wins over Florida. I believe Peyton still won and SEC Championship. Has Casey been able to? If Casey was so good he could make the players around him better. Has he? No. You talk about NFL player being with Peyton. Well Stallworth and Price have each had one good year and this year you haven't heard a thing about them. Why? Price was so good in Buffalo due to having a good QB. Stallworth has showed he isnt a consistent reciever. So don't make that comparison. If you don't think any of those guys had egos then you are stupid. Casey still had NFL talent in John Henderson, Kelley Washington, Jason Witten, and Travis Henry.

Plus Fulmer plays by seniority which means alot of the best athletes are not playing. EX. Riggs is the best back and he don't give him the ball. Rumors are going around he is going to transfer at seasons end.

You are all over it pepvol. It can't be said any better!

Gerald Riggs is the best back? LMAO!

I'll give you that he has more potential. I'll give you that he has more raw tallent. However, he is missing the most important components of being "the best back". That's heart, courage, and a team commitment. He wouldn't even dress when everyone around him was telling him it was time to toughen up and play.

His transfer at season's end might be a good thing!

Edited by Rebelsman

Sue you said "Plus...Maryville is not taking tuition students"! Right! Maryville is always open for the athlete and the politically connected, like most team in the south, so what’s new? I would think old man Clausen is connected. It's the old have and have not’s thing. By the way when does living elsewhere and attending school across towns against the rules? Ask the Gallatin High School football team that is paying big because of the TSSAA’s messy rules and the lack of clear transfer rules. Does the TSSAA really check on this or did someone blow the whistle?

Hey why dont you just shut your mouth buddy. Maryville does play competiton. Just because they are 4A doesnt mean they dont play anybody. Hillsboro, Knox Cnetral, Melrose, etc,. are all tough teams. They will be 5A in a couple years. I, and i think a couple of Maryville fans would agree with me, would love to play MBA. As for you, I say you need to go find a life and stop putting Maryville down because all you are doing is lookin like an idiot.

Cartman: you said "If Jimmy Clausen was going to come play high school football in Tennessee he would surely play for a nationally ranked team like MBA or BA not some public school that never plays any tough competition".

Can we mark you down as another Maryville Jealous hater or what?

And mrebel171113 would you please use a spell checker, your making the English department at MHS look bad.