Jefferson County vs Oak Ridge

WillieTheWildcat

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the 2 teams very well thank you... I watched both play. One of them got whipped at home by my team as we traveled a long way to watch DB beat again, time after time, the Patriots. A 1 dimensional team that is not very good at stopping a good Passing Attack. Oak Ridge does have that threat available to them. The other team was up on DB 21-0 and was for 1 quarter, the best looking HS Football Team I have ever seen. They got out Coached in the 2nd Half and DB put on a great comeback to win....Jeff Co. does not have the luxury of a Coach who can do that to the Wildcats. There is no doubt who the better team is when you are talking about Oak Ridge and Jeff Co.

It will be a Wildcat Party in Oak Ridge

No offense to you Art but I have seen DB once and I do not claim to be the authority on them. Ill give you this, DB beat my boys, not a doubt about it. OR had them 21-0. So OR is the better team? OK then so by Mr. Vandalay's logic, Karns High School is the best team in Tennessee! Beavs all the way to state, oh wait they didnt make it to the playoffs. Yeah you cant deny art, DB is a good team but they are not the measuring stick for every team.

JC is a 1 dimensional team? Please, Tyler Brown is one of the leading recievers in East Tennessee.

And as far as coaching goes, Scott Meadows is a fine coach and an even better man and I know for sure that he wouldnt let a fine team like DB come out so flat they get beat by a far below average football team.

My appologies to every DB fan (especially bud) except Art but DB does not make it past the third round wether its OR or JC they face.

Enough DB talk, its OR this week. Thanks for the info on Big Ed's. Look for me I'll be there about 5 oclock wearing a shirt that says "Who fArt Vandalayed?"

Edited by LawyerMilloy

Ok men First I would like to say whew! CLap Clap Clap. Ok thats enough now its Jefferson Co. These kids in OR are as tough as anyone on any given night. They are focused and near sited.

Two of the three teams we didnt score over 30 on came to the playoffs and proved they were not what either of their records indicated. Mcminn and William Blount are good football teams. As far as that goes Science Hill was a very decent team. They played with a lot of heart. As someone mentioned earlier the game was closer than the score indicated. The exclamation point that was the score however laid to rest any late game problems OR experienced earlier in the year.

Welcome to the SHIP Jefferson County. If your student population cant get to the game the school should offer a bus to them at cost or something. Or fans will be in full effect and will be a big advantage unless Jefferson gets some peeps down here. As most of you know OR has a consession stand and clean bathrooms for the visitor side as well as the home side. And whoever mentioned Big Eds... well they know thats reason enough to make the trip.

THE GAME Oak Ridge by 13 a touch and two field goals. Thats a compliment to Jefferson because to have two field goals their DEF is having a good night.

This question is for OR fans, I need help understanding. I am sure there is a reason. Why after two succesful drives this week and a close game in the third quater aganist Soddy did we go into what is OR's no huddle offense.

I guess thats what it is called. We were leading both times by at least two TD's. My narrow minded thinking would suggest let the O stay in the groove, the running game is hittin on all 8 and time is ticking off the clock. What advantage is it. I do know for a fact we didnt score either time and ended up punting. On our next couple offensive series we went back to the regular Offense but it seemed like we were kinda out of sync and ended up punting. We eventually got the machine rollin. Is it just me or did anyone else notice. Dont you want time off the clock in the third up by two Tds or more. I have learned on this message board you kinda got to make sure you fill in between the lines or someone else will do it for you. So no I am not bad mouthing the coaching staff just curious.

I believe it is a wrinkle that the Offensive cordinator wants to have at top game by the deep parts of the playoffs if we need it. Both times I think he saw an opportunity to work on it against inferior opponents. :angry: Thank you for the good comments Art, and go wildcats.

sunshine

I need (OR edge) to believe that OR can beat JC

what is it

O yeah and people talk aobut OR backfield what about JC

where is Booker goin Jennings is off to Vandy....and by the way Art the only reason you are picking them is cause if your beloved DB even makes it you know JC will beat them that is why you pick OR.....i thought you were better... :angry:

First off the game friday should be a great one. I would have to pick OR to win this one, although anything can happen. I know everyone from the McMinn Co. area would like another crack at the wildcats after we fell apart in the 2nd half after being down just 14-6 at halftime. We played our worse game that night and OR played their best after blowing us out in the 2nd half and winnin 35-6. So, I would love to get another shot at OR, but we also wouldnt mind meeting up with Jeff Co. since our head coach just came from their. I know this won should be a great football game and I wish both teams Good Luck!

Wildcats- 28

Patriots- 17

No one is giving Jefferson Co. a chance. Dont that sound familiar to what happened this weekend with Tennessee/Miami?

Both Jefferson Co. and Tennessee going into exciting and dominating atmospheres.

In Miami you have the beach, Oak Ridge you have Big Ed's.

We all know what happened the the canes this week. Dont we?