Jeff CO. & Oak Ridge THE GAME

LawyerMilloy

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bobericks,

I saw up the board where someone said 91statechamp did not live in O.R. any longer I guess he was embarrassed to be seen after the 1990 whipping that he received at the hands of the BOBCATS at the "ship" he probably just dreams of being a 91statechamp,heavens know if anyone could play the game as well as he talks it they would never lose.

Yes, Central had a good game in 1990 but I think the two wins over Central in 1991 on your home field mean more than that one did.Oak Ridge did win the title in 1991 beating the great Todd Helton . Todd had one win in five games in his career against Oak Ridge but this thread is about Oak Ridge and Jefferson County. A great game in the making. Good Luck to Central this week and maybe they can get past Maryville for once next week. If they make it.

ihope jeff co wins and wins big then u can come dowon to mcminn county

Hey Tribe,

thank you for you support on jefferson county beating oak ridge and hoping for the opportunity for mcminn co and jefferson co. squaring off, but if jefferson co. and mcminn co. win their 2nd round games, mcminn co. comes to jefferson co. not the ohter way around. but either way i hope that game does happen.

good luck !!

GO PATRIOTS !!!

DCCATVOICE Lets talk about Jeff Co. As I remember they owned you guys for quite a while until the early 90's say about 1993 then you guys finally got a win against the mighty Patriots.I do agree with you that Todd Helton was a great football player as well as a baseball player, where are your greats from your 1991 team? Thanks for the well wishes against Maryville ,I also hope we can get by Maryville this week much as I guess you hope the cats can beat Riverdale for once or Lincoln County.

You do seem to be an expert on Oak Ridge football because you do know about teams that have taken us out in the past. Oak Ridge and Jefferson County are tied at 7 wins a piece. Oak Ridge has won 7 out of the last 9 but haven't played since 1999. The first five games of this series were brutal especailly the 1987 game. All this was the past.Friday night is what counts now. I look forward to Central and Oak Ridge playing again because they were some of the greatest games I had ever seen. Good Luck again..

Hey Dccatvoice I think you may be Oak Ridges most underrated player. My son plays for OR but you and I have never met or even talked to each other. I was transplanted here 14 years ago. I am really not the kind of guy that just starts talking to someone I dont know. With this message board I can be annoymus and cant be accused of trying to compliment you to get attention for my son. I will tell you how great you are for Oak Ridge sports. Not just football but all the other sports you cover and devote such a huge amount of time to. You are a tangiable asset that contributes to the traditions of Oak Ridge you are as much a tradition as walking down the stairs, hearing the train whistle and Big Eds. I enjoy your show, commentary and history lessons. Anyone visiting the ship on Friday night bring your small radio, you can catch this man and his dedicated staff on the radio 1290 am. Ok thats it now back to matters at hand.

Oak Ridge will win this game. I am not putting down Jefferson Co. they are without a doubt one of the best teams in TN. It is just that Oak Ridge is Hittin on all cylinders.

And shhhh!!! Oak Ridge has a passing game, a good one at that, we just havent used it much. Its been there when we have. Oak Ridges' biggest asset in my opnion is depth at all positions. There are a good percentage of kids here that would be starting in a lot of other programs. The brotherhood these kids have is another thing that makes them special. If we can control turnovers minimize penatlys there isnt any way to stop these Cats.

I hope to see a big crowd from Jefferson Co. We all should come out and support our kids. All of these kids, no matter who they play for are making a major commitment to your community. Think about it, they deal with School, then go bust their butts everyday for hours only to go home and do their homework. All in antcipation for the game on Friday night. Not to mention everyday life as a teenager. Its not that much to repay them with your support for a couple hours making noise when they do a good job. Thats really all they want in return.

Edited by Wildmanfan

It sounds like a lot of people are heading to Oak Ridge for this one - I wish I could be there! One piece of advice - go early. There are only a couple of ticket booths at the stadium and Big Ed's isn't the biggest place in the world. Factor that in with a 7:00 kickoff and some who are travelling might consider taking a couple of hours off at the end of the day Friday. Good Luck to both teams- should be a great game.