Morristown West v. Greeneville

randy3116

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't take offense. I just thought that I remembered that, and I did. I did not remember when though. Don't get your feathers all ruffled up, just a thought I had. I wish you all the best of luck. I saw Greeneville play earlier, and wasn't really impressed, but that was early. I am assuming that like most teams in the playoffs that they have gotten better. I am sure that you all have too. If you beat them once, you should be able to do it again.

West is beginning to peak at the right time, and the defense is playing outstanding. Greeneville will be a better challenge than South and TN High, but West beat them 37-0 during the regular season. The return of Chase Greenway will help out the Devils, but it won't be near enough.

PREDICTION: Morristown West 35, Greeneville 7.

Edited by bigdaddy69

I was at the West-TN High game and the TROJAN D is better than I thought. The only reason it was 7 to 0 at half was because of turnovers and some choice flags. Greenway will make a difference and West better be ready, they can't overlook the Devils.....Greenville broke the scoreing record for the IMAC in reg season. I'm sorry it is now the FIVE RIVERS COMF. Woods and company will have to do a good coaching job this week, they have to keep the D focused.

Let me make this statement: If the offence makes the mistakes they made in the first half against Tennessee High {fumbles, stupid holds, etc.} against a good team like Greenville they will get spanked.

Just to clarify, West will be at home Friday night against Greeneville. (see TSSAA playoffs rules; section III sub c).

Greenway is a great player and adds an extra (and valuable) dimension to the Greene Devils. That was evident when we last played. The last time Greeneville beat West in the playoffs was in 2000 and the scenario is eerily similar this year. Consider:

2000 1st round West - 45 Sullivan South - 14

2003 1st round West - 38 Sullivan South - 07

2000 2nd round West - 21 Tennessee High - 07

2003 2nd round West - 35 Tennessee High - 00

2000 3rd round West - 21 Greeneville - 38

2003 3rd round ???

To prevent history from reoccurring, West really needs to stop or at least reduce the number of penalties being called against them. We did a good job at that in the second half last night and and got some great results. If the Trojans stop the flags, focus, and do their job, I think we're back in the semi-finals against a very, very good Maryville or K Central team.

Morristown%20West.gif

"What lies before us and what lies behind us is tiny compared to what lies within us"

Edited by randy3116

Our defense was incredible! Have to hand it to a very well coached TN Hign.

They handled themselves really well, especially when you think about how frustrated they must have been. I agree that the penalties must go, they don't help our focus or the game at all. Need to get some fans out to the game! These boys work awfully hard not to get more support from their community. That includes the Citizen Tribune! What lame reporting for a home town team going into the playoffs. I thought Jefferson City had their own paper and didn't need the Trib to be their biggest fan. Well since there is no one left to write about maybe they can give us some support. Go Trojans!!!!

way to play, trojans!

fantastic defense and workmanlike grind'em down offense

best of luck against greeneville

ps can someone tell me--was there actually a below the waist blocking penalty called on the defense and, if so, why

go war eagle! (at least today)

Edited by bloodscanner