Best AAA teams in East Tennessee

chill

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im serious when i say that Cleveland is not all that great this year... they have 2 good players in Jay Davis and Charles Little, but other than that the team has athleticsm and nothing else. Rhea Co. may be up there depending on whether Cooper is actually playing or not(rumors are that hes not but we know rumors are often just that)... as for what i said about Ooltewah being Bradleys only good game, i didn't know that they had Giles scheduled :D . anyway thats all for now ...

everyone i have talked to on the team tells me that cooper is playing for the eagles this year and had no idea where those rumors were coming from.

bud,

I think gomab relys too much on AAU play as opposed to high school team play and thus his rankings are biased against anyone east of Knoxville, we don't do as much AAU as the middle & west TN. players. Kind of funny, too, being that Kingsport has hosted AAU National Basketball Championships (boys & girls) since the 1980s. D-B and S.Hill will be fine this year...Boone and Crockett will be better and TN High may be the best out of Northeast TN (they only lost 2 players from last year's roster). High school basketball is alive and well in Northeast TN. D-B has four key players still in the football playoffs and hopefully will be for a while...I know Oak Ridge is in the same boat.

Get ready to enjoy some Big Ed's Pizza.

Roll Tribe Roll

Northeast Tennessee teams are so weak this year. One could assemble an all-star team from the big 7 and they probably couldn't beat Bradley. Bradley County beat Bearden by 52 in a scrimmage the other day and I heard it could have been a lot worse. D.B. has a pretty good team mostly because of Coach Morgan. There is no way they could compete in district 5. Also D.B. went to the State last year and got beat at Christmas by Cumberland County by 6. Cumberland has not made it to the Region for the past 6 years.

Mocs 30. It is well documented that you are from Powell. I just don't see Powell being ahead of Clinton, OR, or Karns with the players who are returning. I am sure they ( Powell ) worked hard this summer but I doubt if they were the only ones. Don't get me wrong, Powell may win the district and region but I just don't think they can be the favorite going in( lost to many srs )... As I have said before, on paper Clinton is the team to beat with OR and Karns behind them. OR was the best team this summer but that doesn't mean that much right now.

Edited by RudeDog

Mocs, Powell has to prove it on the court after losing so much of their scoring and leadership in Ogan and Seely. Clinton had the best talent last year, and they still had a losing record at Christmas before Vibbert left. Still, they have the most talent, and Clinton should dominate. I would love to see Clinton step up to the level of expectations this season. They have tremendous post play, and their guards are young, but extremely talented. Rudedog, the only teams I saw beat Oak Ridge this summer were Karns and Anderson County. They should be solid as usual, once Scott becomes eligible......

Gomab just came out with his preseason top 20 for the entire state, and in Triple AAA these teams represent East Tennessee:

2) Bradley Central......Hare, Pickel, etc......not real big, but who can guard them all

15) Rhea County...... Hyatte and Cooper give them a dynamic duo.....

16) Bearden....unbelieveable depth with McClunie, White, Dickenson, etc....

Honorable Mention:

Chattanooga Christian, Cleveland, Clinton, Maryville, Oak Ridge, Ooltewah, and South Doyle....