State Championship

football_36

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I personally think that Riverdale wins this Friday so we'll just have to see...

Either way, I see the winner of the game in The Pit this Friday playing Franklin for the state championship. This Friday's game will be a very big game! Both teams have a lot going for them and it'll come down to who makes the big plays that wins.

I agree that the winner probably goes to state. But they have a tough road ahead in DB or OR. I also would agree (and I can't believe I'm saying it) that Franklin goes to the 'Boro but Germantown or Bolton will have a lot to say about it (assuming Franklin beats Hendersonville). It'll be a fun next couple of weeks. A lot more fun if we keep winning!

What's even more bold is my score prediction, my good friend, 28-14. Yes, they have revenge on their minds. I think the ride for LC is about to end... but hey, everyone can have opinions and they're not all right. I could be wrong.

28-14? I'd think that was possible if (and only if) the Falcons were looking beyond Riverdale...I garontee that ain't happening. It's interesting how folks use the first couple of playoff games to start making predictions...Let's look at some past state champion's 1st and maybe 2nd round games....

2002 Brentwood

12-7 Hunters Lane

14-7 Dickson County

2001 Riverdale

No problems

2000 Red Bank

21-14 Oakland

1999 Sevier County

25-16 Bearden

31-21 William Blount

1998 Oakland

20-14 Cumberland County

1997 Riverdale

20-10 Soddy Daisy 2nd round

1995-1996 Brentwood Academy

No problems

1994 Riverdale

No problems

1993 Lincoln County

No problems

If the Falcons and the Warriors play their best game this Friday night then Lincoln County will advance...if there is more than a 7 point difference in the final score it will be a result of severe mistakes by the players and/or coaches, neither of which I would want to see happen.

Keep going Falcons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beat RIVERDALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seeing someone pick Riverdale to beat Lincoln County isn't much of a shock, but your 28-14 score prediction is pretty bold. The Falcons have had only game all year in which they've scored less than 20 points...Oakland held them to 19 in the first playoff game a few weeks ago, so it can be done but it's been a rare thing for LCHS thus far!

None of u people know what ur talking about. DCA over South Pittsburg for the 1A championship :D Its gonna be Boyd over DCA. South Pittsburg gonna loose this Friday. Boyd beat them without their star player and 2 good linemen, they can beat them with their star player and all their linemen. First SP-Boyd meeting (24-6) Second meeting (42-14)

None of u people know what ur talking about. DCA over South Pittsburg for the 1A championship :D Its gonna be Boyd over DCA. South Pittsburg gonna loose this Friday. Boyd beat them without their star player and 2 good linemen, they can beat them with their star player and all their linemen. First SP-Boyd meeting (24-6) Second meeting (42-14)

1st Boyd 24 - SP 6 2nd SP 34 - Boyd 17