Oliver Springs 68 Livingston Academy 67 OT

OS91

Okay here's my 2 cents worth also. Game tied 1.7 sec. left. Hackworth baseball pass to Wampler on the other end of the court, both going for the ball LA fouled but that wasn't called and never would have been seeing how they were both going for the ball. I was told last night that Wampler tipped the ball to Hall I wasn't sure about that however when she was asked she said yes I did tip it to her I knew where she was @ knew I was fouled but that didn't matter I had to try and get her hands on the ball for a shot attempt even though she didn't have time to get a shot off, LA should have never fouled Hall but they did and not just a foul, a foul that knocked her to the floor I really don't believe there is a ref out there that wouldn't have had to make that call. The crew for that game last night is not one that OS wants to see, contrary to popular opinion we don't get breaks from them, was it a perfectly called game NO, and no game will ever be these are humans not machines and they miss things and make bad calls just like every single human being on this planet does on a daily basis. Beechboard you are awesome and Thurman & Thompson & Baltimore you all played GREAT. By the way this is the 1st win against this group of girls for OS since the scrimmages and games began Hall's 6th grade year. Great game. GO LADYCATS !!!!!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a collision between Wampler and whoever was guarding her, but both were going for the ball and it didn't effect Wampler getting the ball to Hall. You can tell that they have practiced that play because it was timed really well. Jessie made a great pass to get it started and Casee did what she had to do to get the ball to Hall. I do think Hall gets a shot off if not fouled though. Maybe not a clean jumper, but something from 15-feet toward the rim and we all know Hall can bury a buzzer beater from anywhere inside 60 feet.

It was a great game and one you hate to see either team lose. There's a lot of games between now and March and these teams should be in the mix.

(Unofficial)

I had Beechboard with 24 points, 15 rebounds, 3 blocks, 1 assist and 1 steal.

Hall had 27 points, 4 steals, 4 assists and 3 rebounds.

OS missed some easy shots early that could have gave Hall 6-8 assists. I also thought Hall missed some shots early on that she normally hits. Probably just first game jitters for every one.

I don't know if there any official rankings at this time, but I don't think it really matters. OS and LA both have teams capable of beating any Class AA team in the state on a given night.

Edited by goosevol

Guest eaglemgr
Hopefully, these two will meet three times this year

They will have a chance at this. Oliver Springs is coming and playing in the Livingston Jaycees Christmas Tournment. Therefore, they will have a chance to play against each other during this.

It will be a different game then. Cause, it will be at Livingston and Livingston will have the home court advantage and the home crowd advantage.

Good luck to both teams rest of the season.