Oliver Springs 68 Livingston Academy 67 OT

OS91

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont want it to sound like I'm making excuses for Livingston, But the officials were very good. They must have had some of those first game jitters as well. But I can live with poor refs, thats just part of the game. The thing that got me REALLY upset was when the ref called a foul at the end of the game, the girl that got fouled was not Hall. It was #12, whoever she is. That is unacceptable. The calls I can live with, but getting the shooters mixed up is bound to make some people mad.

However, OS has a great team! They should do very well this season!

I dont want it to sound like I'm making excuses for Livingston, But the officials were very good. They must have had some of those first game jitters as well. But I can live with poor refs, thats just part of the game. The thing that got me REALLY upset was when the ref called a foul at the end of the game, the girl that got fouled was not Hall. It was #12, whoever she is. That is unacceptable. The calls I can live with, but getting the shooters mixed up is bound to make some people mad.

However, OS has a great team! They should do very well this season!

Its history now. But, that was what coach Smith was trying to tell the officials at the end. Before the free throw. :blink:

No. 12 is Jessie Hackworth and she was the girl that took the ball in 75-feet away so she didn't get fouled. Hall was the one that broke from midcourt and was knocked down at the free throw line while trying to come up with the pass from No. 30 Wampler. So yes, the correct person did shoot the free throw. You can watch the video at OSHS.com

Goose,

You and I saw the same thing. Laura gets the tipped pass, but is hooked in the arm by the defender. I thought the ref had no choice but to make the call as Laura had a good chance to get the shot off. What was impressive to me was how well OS executed the long in-bounds play: great pass, good tip, and an excellent chance to make the shot. I thought the refs did an adequate job, they allowed both teams to be physical; lots of no-calls with Laura driving into the paint.

As for the team, I think this is a better team already than last year. They are deeper and it seems like everyone can handle the ball and shoot. Even though I'm from Oak Ridge I'll be looking forward to seeing a lot of good basketball in Oliver Springs.

There has not been enough credit given to all the o.s players that played tues. the freshman # 33 jennifer smith showed a hole lot of talent...and showed that a freshman can step up and help the team a hole lot! And she hasnt been given any credit for it so im doin it now.. dang that kara munk kicked but... But congradulations to all the players from o.s excellent job... The o.s team should go all the way this yr!!! GO CATS