Lipscomb @ Alcoa

OSHSman

Tom142 - I dont know where you get your info on Lipscomb's secondary being weak, but buddy I'll tell ya..... it aint weak. They hit just as hard as our linebackers & are very good at defending the pass. Ask Tyners receivers & QB about that. Another thing we have a lot more weapons than Elrod & Robertson on offense. I'll just leave it at that, so you will not be surprised when you see more than just Elrod & Robertson doing damage to Alcoa's defense. I'll give you that our passing game was not on against Tyner but they were just too big & fast & was in Elrods face when we tried to pass but when we were up by so much we did not need to pass we were running the so well & eating up clock. Look forward to coming to Alcoa. Tell me about the seating. Is there bleachers on both sides of the stadium? What kind of crowd do ya'll bring. With Maryville still in it will they get the crowd of people thats team is out of it? Give me some feedback on these issues. Thanks!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa's defense has been doing the same thing the past two weeks, beating teams that have more than one person that can hurt you running the ball. The beat Sweetwater who had Latham, Ferguson, and Blomstrom. Then they beat O.S. who had Whalen, Hayes, and Lamb. DL has two talented runners of their own in Burton Elrod and RB Cutler Robinson. Alcoa needs to do a little bit better of a job this week stopping the run, but throughout the week Alcoa is going to keep realizing how much this game means, and by the time they kickoff they will be very focused in on stopping the run. Alcoa won't have any trouble stopping the pass, because DL had only two completions last week, but they had 47 carries for 197 yards against a great Tyner defense. If Alcoa has a tough time against DL's smothering run defense, than they can just go to the air with a trio of great receivers (Brandon Warren, Garry Hill, and Benny Fuller), that have torched secondaries all year, and that is DL's weakness. This will be a very tough, hard- fought game that I see can go to either team. Anyway, that's my two cents worth......Good luck Tornadoes, let's take this thing to Murfreesboro!!

Tom, Why do you say the secondary is DL's weakness? It is anything but a weakness. The only team that did any damage at all was Goodpasture week 4 but Rogers still had an int. returned for a TD in that game. We shut down Ezell Harding, the top ranked passing attack in the midstate. Gettis had one catch for four yards, and the defense had 4 int's. DL does not throw much, but when they do, it is very effective. Just look at Rogers TD's per reception, and Elrod's TD's per completion. They are both very high. Alcoa will have to stop an excellent running game and an effective passing attack. It will be interesting to watch Alcoa's passing game. It is fun to watch s school that throws quite a bit. I bet the DL secondary will step up big, partly because of talent, partly because of excellent coaching. My prediction, Lipscomb wins 28-7.

anyone got anymore info i want to hear about Lipscomb's recruiting nonsense. They're just a bunch of stuck up, hard nosed, big headed snobs who think there is no one standing in the way of them and another state ring.....please pull through for us here Alcoa...

Windtalker, you are probably associated with DL in some way, either a teacher/coach or fan because that is what most of the DL people do(pose as DL haters). This is definitely an inside job. No person outside DL makes stupid comments about stuff like that. If you are associated with DL, that is kinda funny, but if what you are saying is for real, then you are a moron. Keep up the good work.

We'll see about Lipscomb's secondary....No ones really been able to keep up with Alcoa's trio in Benny Fuller#7, Garry Hill#5, and Brandon Warren#1 in the wide out spots, :huh: but Im looking foward to playing in this game, it's gonna be a hard hitting, big play game with lots of points scored, Lipscomb has a great team and I have a lot of respect for them, but I feel that their not respecting us, but then again we havn't been respected yet and we still continue to rip teams 52-20, 41-13, 37-13, I just hope Lipscombs not coming in to Goddard thinking it's gonna be easy....OR YOU WILL BE IN FOR A BATTLE

Lipscomb wins this one. If you can beat Tyner then you are a very good football team. Not to take anything away from Alcoa because they have a good, young football team but I just can't see them stopping Lipscomb. I say Lipscomb wins it all this year. And just in case I am from the Chattanooga area and do not have any ties with Lipscomb. As a matter of fact I hope Alcoa beats them because Lipscomb has constantly put the teams out from the Chatt. area. So go Tornadoes!

lol yo i agree wit ProHScout on dis one i'm from chatt to but anyways i don't care what nobody say da RAM TRAIN still runnin all over chatt

Lipscomb really wants the championship bad! Most of the players who start this year, didn't last year so they want a ring that they earned. I think the mustangs come out on top by 14 points. The Lipscomb coaching staff is by far one of the best in the state and Burton Elrod has such great chemistry with all of his receivers that they definately have the potential to go all the way!!! Apu jr., We haven't heard from you in awhile! Where ya been??? By the way I definately that Tyner won the war of the bands on Friday! Breakin' it down just like TSU!!!

Seen threads on here about david lipscomb being private school and recruiting!!!!!!!! WE DON'T CARE IF YOU PLAY COLLEGE PLAYERS ON YOUR TEAM!!!!!!!  WE ARE NOT INTO THE PUBLIC VS. PRIVATE THING.  Just bring what you got and we will do the do.  We've also heard that you dress 70 to 80 players.  Well guess what????? WE don't care if you dress 200, you can only play 11 at a time.  ALCOA will put up its 11 vs. anyone's 11, and we will be there in the end!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah hey wasn't that Ford Tomlin kid recruited?!!?!?!?!?

Aloca please put an end to this mustang stampede. They don't deserve another state championship. Many of these boys seem to think they are unbeatable. You've got what it takes, play a good game, and i think you can come out on top. Good Luck.

Also, Lipscomb does dress a lot of players but Macadams never takes half of them off the sidelines. It is sad that those boys work as hard as they do just to sit on the sideline all year because they arn't quite as good as others. But hey coach Macadams, I understand....you have to win right? haha stupid me. Football is about having fun...and fun is only in winning... so we can't aford to play anyone who isnt going to help that cause.....yeah i got it

i know what your thinking, this is just the way it is, the way it's always been

every team does it

the best players play and no one else does, end of story

well thats sad isnt it, oh well...."theres nothing i can do about it, i have another state championship to win, maybe next year" ha right

Aloca 28 - DL 14

You will watch your language

Ist of all NO Ford Tomlin was not recruited, he has gone to Lipscomb since Kindergarten.

2nd of all these boys do deserve another Championship. They work their butts off all year and sit here and mock them.

3rd Coach MacCadams doesn't have to play everyone, many are freshman that haven't even worked out with the team.

4th those boys do not believe that they are unbeatable. they work hard and know they can lose at any time if they become to big-headed which they are not. they are totally and completely down-to-earth.

Here's a short quiz and some quick game notes for everyone...

What was the score of the last playoff meeting between these two teams?

How many points has Region 2-AA scored against David Lipscomb in the thirteen years DL has made the playoffs?

How many points did David Lipscomb's opponents score against them in their five playoff games last season?

David Lipscomb has posted 143 more points this season than Alcoa, with a per game average of 39, ten points better than Alcoa. The Mustang defense has allowed one touchdown or less in each of its last five games and eight times overall. Only one of those opponents had fewer than four wins.

Rockwood has held four opponents to one touchdown or less, including two shutouts posted against winless teams. In the last five weeks, each of Alcoa's opponents have scored at least two touchdowns, with the Tornados putting an average of 43 points on the board each night. Alcoa's scoring average in the last five weeks is four points better than Lipscomb's season average.

anyone got anymore info i want to hear about Lipscomb's recruiting nonsense. They're just a bunch of stuck up, hard nosed, big headed snobs who think there is no one standing in the way of them and another state ring.....please pull through for us here Alcoa...

I could be wrong, but my guess is that "windtalker" is either a non-player Lipscomb supporter who thinks he can make the Mustangs mad and get them fired up by posting bad things about them, or an ex-player who quit and really wishes he were still on the team. (He has to be associated with Lipscomb to bring up the name of the back-up longsnapper and B-team right tackle who came to Lipscomb in kindergarten as an example of recruiting.)

It won't be the first time someone has tried to fire up a Lipscomb team. In the early 90's, a parent sent a funeral wreath to the stadium the night before a big game and signed the other team's name to it. None of the players believed the other team was dumb enough to do that. They laughed that an old 1940's coaches trick was tried in the 1990's and figured out among themselves which dad did it.

I guess internet chat rooms are the "funeral wreaths" of the 2000's.

Windtalker, give it a break and head to Kroger to buy your Thanksgiving turkey. Any artificial emotions that you could possibly hope to arouse will last about 2 plays. Then the teams will just play football.

Lipscomb has a big task in front of them this Friday. Anyone who gets on a message board and declares a game is a sure win is crazy at best. Anything can happen when eleven 16-18 year olds take the field. Alcoa is a very talented team that plays with a lot of excitement. The Mustangs better bring their A game. I am sure that Alcoa will bring their's.

Edited by tackle

Alcoa has definately improved, and the biggest sign of that was the whippin they put on Oliver Springs., their only AA loss. Their other two losses came to Maryville, and William Blount, a decent middle of the road 5A team. That isn't bad. Take them out of Blount County, and Alcoa could have been on the verge of being undefeated up to this point.