Riverdale 19, Lincoln County 13

TDCman

Stan,

To answer your original question, LC had a great, and loud, crowd. It was very loud and rowdy 30 minutes before the game even started. There must have been a couple thousand of those "Falcon Fever" signs. The mood changed when we got up 16-6 and the crowd became more pensive.

It was definitely the best Riverdale road crowd I've seen. Our students were great last night.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

Glad to see that the Boro folk got out to support the Warriors in their huge win last night. Now the same bunch better get ready for a longer drive this week. Whew i bet the PIT is still ringing from the cowbells!

I am really sorry for the Falcons and especially sad for the wonderful Falcon fans that I have come to love and look forward to hearing from on Coacht. No one can ever take away the facts that you guys had the only undefeated season in 5A in 2003. No one can take away the fact that you broke Riverdale's home winning streak at Tomahawk.No one can take the fact away that you beat ALL the Boro schools in the regular season! No one can can take away that you have not one, but two Mr Football Nominees. No one can take away the number of fans that packed your stadium and opponents stadiums to cheer you on. No one can take away the admiration that fans from other schools have for you and your breath-taking talent and big plays. Right now you are hurting. Everyone knows that......but later......enjoy those fabulous memories. I know that I will never forget those fabulous Falcons of 2003, led by the ELUSIVE Michael Edmiston. You gave Kelly Holcomb a run for his money and title! GOD Bless all of you in Fayetteville!

Region4fan, thanks for all of the kind and thoughtful words here. We are sad, but we do have many wonderful things to remember about the 2003 season. Our guys played with such heart and gave us such thrills all season. We as fans owe so much to our players, coaches, announcers, statmen, administration, teachers and families of the players. It was a great time to bring the community together in a positive fashion and enjoy good, wholesome entertainment. All of you have given us something to talk about for a long time. :angry:

I, too, will miss the friendships made here on CoachT. Isn't it funny how we feel that we know each other just because we've read each other's posts? :) It's been fun trying to guess who the Falcon posters are and to eventually figure out a few of you. Thanks, CoachT, for giving us a place to come to share ideas and thoughts and to relieve some of the tension and excitement of the week.

Hopefully, we as posters have given our guys a glimpse of healthy competition. It's refreshing to see how we can be competitors during the week and then fans of the same team that beat us as they go on in the playoffs.

And at the end of the day, we can walk away knowing that we have something good to hold in our hearts. Love ya CoachT friends and all the Falcons!

I saw it from both #5 on LC and #37 on Riverdale. They both had their fare share. Both teams mouthed about the same. Just get over it. It's over and done with and doesn't matter anyways.

--------------------

You can slow down the Lincoln County Falcons, but you can't stop them.

Drew... I was just kidding - notice the LOL and the emiton smiley.

And I 'got over it' in the caravan going back over Chestnut Ridge last night. :)

And Drew = ya may want to change that sig line - Riverdale proved last night that you can both slow down and then stop the Falcons at the pit. (again - just kidding!!!)

It was a great game. Both games this year were almost mirror images of each other. We had a 90+ yard touchdown called back at our place, ya had a great 90+ yard run by your tremendous QB called back. Both games came down to the trailing team just running out of time and downs.... Two teams of great kids playing great football. #72 and #6 and a long list of other L.C. kids played their hearts out and were a pleasure to watch. Almost makes you wish high school played 15 minute quarters so we could have more of that football to watch :)

Nah, not gonna change the sig line. I'm a true blue fan and think they'll have a rough year next year after loosing a LOT of talented players and leadership, but they'll come through again. Riverdale did an excellent job at doing everything they could to stop us. Riverdale played well and capitalized on the turnovers. It's hard to beat a very good and well coached team when they don't make mistakes to shoot themselves in the foot or have any turnovers. It was a hard fought game. I just still am thinking about what it might have been like if we hadn't have fumbled the punt that was capitalized for your second score. The flag on the center for holding on the TD that was called back.....I guess only the ref that threw it knows what he saw much as in the TD that was called back for you all in the first game. I don't take it personal.... :angry: I just wish sometimes I was lucky enough to see a best of three series or something with two teams like LC and Riverdale. Man..the pit would be packed more each game if they played the way they did Friday and it would most likely go to the third game. I'm sure you'd agree.

I'm up for the 15 minute quarters except for one reason....we had a bunch of people going both ways, where as Riverdale has the numbers and depth to do a bit more switching. I know our guys were wore down at the end, but their heart carried them to the final seconds. The Smyrna game was the best high school game I'd seen till this one, and I'm sure many will agree that a better football game is hard to come by. Best of luck in beating OR. I hope you bring home the title. I'm sure all our boys would enjoy knowing that they were a catch or call away from being there themselves. Take care of business again and bring the title back to the middle tenn area where it belongs!

I am really sorry for the Falcons and especially sad for the wonderful Falcon fans that I have come to love and look forward to hearing from on Coacht. No one can ever take away the facts that you guys had the only undefeated season in 5A in 2003. No one can take away the fact that you broke Riverdale's home winning streak at Tomahawk.No one can take the fact away that you beat ALL the Boro schools in the regular season! No one can can take away that you have not one, but two Mr Football Nominees. No one can take away the number of fans that packed your stadium and opponents stadiums to cheer you on. No one can take away the admiration that fans from other schools have for you and your breath-taking talent and big plays. Right now you are hurting. Everyone knows that......but later......enjoy those fabulous memories. I know that I will never forget those fabulous Falcons of 2003, led by the ELUSIVE Michael Edmiston. You gave Kelly Holcomb a run for his money and title! GOD Bless all of you in Fayetteville!

Region4fan,

Thank you for your kind words. You are a class act.

We are still hurting in Fayetteville today, but your thoughtful post was very comforting; and I am sure the rest of the Falcon Fans on here feel the same.

You are a wonderful therapist!!

Good luck to Riverdale and to Franklin next week. Let's keep the "Big Gold Ball" in Middle Tennessee.

Congratulations Riverdale.... Congratulations LC........

Both teams have had a very impressive year and have represented their schools well.

It's tough to lose at any level but to get to the 3rd round and know going in that only one team can win must have been more than a little intense. It would have been difficult to pick the winner any other way but down to the clock.

Two teams with a tremendous amount of talent.

Riverdale..... I'm quite certain that you earned that victory.

Good Luck as you continue.

LC..... the best team I have seen at the high school level in years.

Until next year......GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by FOOTBALLTIMENTN

Very impressed with LC's quarterback. He's a man amongst men. I hope he goes on to college and plays quarterback instead of taking a back or receiver role. He just has too many tools to not be in the qb position. Judging from what I saw, he was as accurate as anybody when given the time and he shows a quality much like the great qbs with a will to win. With his speed and arm, he could be a future hall of famer. Whatever you do, take a QB offer, not a receiver offer if you want it. You will be a great one.

I'd like to know how many games have had that much intensity, hype and attendance like this one. It was one fantastic game and Lincoln County was a great host as always. That was my first visit to the pit and it's awesome.

Stan,

To answer your original question, LC had a great, and loud, crowd. It was very loud and rowdy 30 minutes before the game even started. There must have been a couple thousand of those "Falcon Fever" signs. The mood changed when we got up 16-6 and the crowd became more pensive.

It was definitely the best Riverdale road crowd I've seen. Our students were great last night.

Sorry to burst your bubble but you must have had ear plugs in, We were loud to the end... Both teams played hard, although we just didn't have the calls that the warriors had.

Best of the Best 2003 Falcons.

I was at the game and what an atmosphere! The crowd was defeaning all game.

Riverdale has more plays and formations to run them out of than anyone I have seen. As I have said before when you beat Riverdale you will have to beat them because they are well coached and don't make mistakes.

I don't know how many plays LC runs but I didn't notice in the Smyrna game how little diversity thye have. It seemed they only ran a few different plays the whole game and waited for Edmiston to make a play. Riverdale was great at recognizing what was coming (when 42 is in the backfield as lone back in shotgun it is a QB draw everytime).

The bad news for region 4 teams is you better get better because the riverdale team you see right now is virtually the same team you will see next year.

I agree that there was little diversity in the number of plays LC ran. The slant and middle were wide open all game, as would have been the quick throws. The first half it appeared we were just determined to try and pound the ball even when they were packing 9 in the box. That didn't work against smyrna and I don't know why we kept trying it for a full half against a well coached and faster defense. No complaints about the call selection. We still had our chances and kept the game close. The Defense did an excellent job at shutting down scoring opportunities after the second touchdown. This was a game of which team made the big play that counts and which team made the turnovers work for them. Riverdale was perfect on both counts. It's hard to win a game fighting those odds. LC still had the chance to pull it out. I think LC was the better and more atheletic team, but things just didn't click right all game. I would love to have seen a best of three series or something. It would be really something everyone would enjoy as I'm sure it would be another two close and electric games. Riverdale pulled 7 points off a fumbled kick and LC had a long TD run called back for holding. Just as in the first game the team with fewer mistakes won the game. Congrats to both teams for a good season and an amazing game that everyone will remember.

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding Falcon football and the wonderful athletes that have taken the field for 13 games. Yes, I am disappointed our season has come to an end. I feel that if we had won Friday, we would have gone all the way. It broke my heart to see the seniors especially on the field following Friday's loss. I was looking forward to traveling to Kingsport or Oak Ridge. This is an EXCELLENT bunch of young men who fought hard all season. But, mark my words, we will see some of them on the college level. I am so ecstatic to see former FALCONS on television in the very near future playing on the next level. I realize the majority of them will not go on to the next level, but for the few of the young men that do, my heart and soul will be cheering them on for many years to come. Being VERY close to this football team, they are an exceptional group of young men. I am proud to say that their legacy will continue for many years to come. Hopefully, I will see two who are very close to my heart, Lamar and Theo, continue playing excellent football at the next level. Go onward my beloved FALCONS!!!!!!!!

Edited by birdfan