who yah takin Oakridge or Riverdale?

oaklandfballer

Congratulations on your win.

OK now I have a ton of questions.

First thing you need to know about me is I am a offensive and defensive line fan.

When I played some 20 years ago I played Offensive guard and inside linebacker. I was a 5'8 155 lb (smallest starting lineman in the state of KY that year) Who Cares... nobody I am just making the point I believe everything starts with the offensive line and defensive front.

(1)Riverdale fans what are your strong points? (2)Do yall like to pass? (3)What has been your key to the success you've had this year. Obviously you have some great things going for you. (4) What is your pass/run ratio. (5) When you run what has been the most successful plays. (6)Same question about your favorite pass play(7) Do you have a go to play. (8) Does your coach have that 4th and 3 go for it attitude? (9) What are your rushing stats/passing stats. (10) Who are the play makers on offense.

(11)What kind of defenses do you line up in ? (12)How bout the blitz, would you consider yourselves as a blitzing team.(13) Who are the 'Players" on defense, what position do they play. What about the secondary, have you played many teams that pass more than say 40% of their plays.

If someone can give me the players #s that start on the O line and d line. I can check your roster to see how big they are ect.

More questions to come ha ha

Edited by Wildmanfan

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how deep OR is, but all of us at LC saw how deep Riverdale is. They were constantly swapping out people and there was no real drop off in the level of play. The defense is extremely fast and they will play ball control and try to keep OR offense off the field. Coach Rankin is good at playcalling. Don't expect many opportunities to score.

Sounds like a carbon copy. OR is as deep as any team left. Without doubt. Our entire second string could be contenders on their own. I would go so far as to say a good percentage of the third string would be starting in a lot of programs. Oak Ridges play calling was the best it has been all year aganist DB last night. One of the reasons OR has made it this far is the talent on our scout teams. The scout teams are almost as underated as the linemen of any state contending team.

Jeff County not a very good team? Jeff Jennings (committed to Vandy) and Scooter Houston are as good as any one-two tandem of running backs in the state.

Oak Ridge handled a good Jeff County team fairly easily, and then went to Kingsport and turned it on against D-B.

I have great respect for Riverdale, but to sell Oak Ridge short is a huge miscalculation.

Guest region4fan

I am so amused at some of the fans on this board. I remember reading with distaste most of last year all about your "horrible coaching staff, especially the Offensive coordinator." I read all of thses things and worse repeatedly from the catwatchers or catpackers or whoever. Now I read about how well the offense is doing and how well the plays are being called. How amusing that there have been no coaching changes in Oakridge. Too bad those same coaches can't keep " those Catfolk out of the stands by refusing entry to them to any game. Hey isn't that where the term FAIR WEATHER FAN comes from. All I can say is ,"way to go coaches and players for overcoming some ignorant people and prevailing!!" That speaks volumes for your character!

Edited by region4fan

well wacojaco....They're o line isn't that big they just play with tons of heart and they are quick...wildmanfan hey against lincoln county riverdale didn't throw the football but maybe 2 times all game...they use a lot of decieving runs and trick plays off of runs and options fake options...They jsut use every bit of talent they have to their abilily...I will say this OR has the talent edge without a doubt they don't have many goin both ways...They get in shot gun every formation and jsut run

Guest region4fan

Hey Oaklandfootballer..............wow an Oakland person on the boards! This is great! I want you guys to know how much I admire all of you and how proud we fans are of you ! You never quit.....not for one second! I can't wait til next season! Work hard in the offseason and try to encourage some more players out!

Williethewildcat, Just because im a DB fan, or a fan of any other school, don't mean I don't know about other teams talent and what they do best. Come on, get your head in the game. Besides, what I said was positive about Oak Ridge. I don't get, why your upset.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

I expect nothing less than another close football game that's a treat and testament to what football can and should be. A delight for the fans and players both, and everyone remembers the games for the rest of their lives. I've been lucky enough to see two spectacular games that were down to the wire with LC the last two weeks, and I hope to watch OR/Riverdale play just as good a game. Good luck and best wishes to all involved.

hey everybody the time is here for the me to standup and play football........ congrats to the three other teams left in 5A football of course me playin for oak ridge i gotta give us the edge....... it aint every day that a team goes to DB and beats them 35-17 or at all...............so lets strap it on real tight and go to war........

Tyler Carr # 54 Oak Ridge Wildcats

region4fan, Thanks for the props! Don't think the catmen are gone or have changed their minds! We just care too much about the players to be a distraction during this season. There are no "fair weather fans" whatsoever. Your ill informed statement is about a multitude of former players, fans and supporters, many of them with state championship rings in various seasons dating back to the 1950's thru the 60's, 70's 80's and 90's.......We will say what we want, whenever we want. I'm sure you understand don't you region4fan.

The Oak Ridge Wildcat Players are the best in the state bar none. PERIOD.

I'm not going to say anything negative tonight about the "coaches".

Riverdale is a class act with arguably the best coach in the state. Gary Rankin has proved himself year in and year out. Much respect.

This friday night however, at Blankenship Field my prediction is:

Oak Ridge 24 Riverdale 14