McCord or Jackson

rebels4peat

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Chris McCord and Tyler Gaskin had 4.5 speed they would have all kinds of D1 offers.

Tyler Gaskin runs good routes,has great body control,great hands and is tough as nails.

Chris McCord has everything you want in a running back except great speed. Chris has great vision,quick feet,toughness and a will to win.

both are great players !! CASSEN JACKSON has lots of heart , and lots of class too . i was standing right there when he walked off the field last night and i hated seeing the look of hurt on his face , but that look also told me a lot about that young man . i shook his hand and told him he had a great game , my brother told him he was a great player. it's easy to see what a fine young man he is . of course i can say all of these same things about CHRIS McCORD also . surely someone will offer CHRIS a scholarship . i wish CARL STEWART & CASSEN JACKSON both were going to UT . It could only improve the quality of young men at UT if they were there .

McCord is a great high school back. Jackson is a better candidate for the college level. I would take Jackson. But having either would make your team a winner.

medman, pretty good assessment. I know Central would not trade Jackson and the Maryville people would say the same about Chris.

I agree with other Maryville fans. Cassen is a classy kid and a tremendous athlete. I wish him nothing but the best at Vandy.

McCord has really been one of Maryville's clutch players for 2 years now. Last season when Hillsboro was keying on Stewart, McCord was the man who kept Maryville close enough by getting some key runs in the first half. Then in the last Maryville drive, McCord basically put the Rebs on his back and carried them to paydirt. When the pressure is on, McCord has answered the bell when he has been called on. Who can ask for anymore than that? He is a great high school player. Not only as a runner, but as a blocker, receiver, leader, and most importantly a TEAM player.

Go Rebs.

Both are great high school running backs but I agree with medman, McCord is a great high school back, Jackson is a better candidate for the college level. If I had to pick I would take Jackson due to size, speed and athleticism. I think Jackson will be better than Riggs given the same opportunity. UT might be messing up again not getting this local kid a chance. I guess his GPA is too high! Just kidding but he is going to Vandy. Don’t think many schools would offer McCord a full ride. He has been the heart of the offence this year and a great example of a leader.

Just a couple of comments on Jackson and Central. I said before the game that if Central was smart Jackson would get the ball 30 to 35 times. Unfortunate that the Central coaching staff under used a great back. To line him up is a single back offense and basically show case Helton was great to see from the Maryville prospective. If Central lines Jackson up with a blocker in front........say in an I formation, then IMO it would be Central vs Mo West this Friday.

Just my thoughts.