Congratulations to MBA

rbtenn

As much as it pains me to say it, the better team won tonight. Congrats to the Big Red for their win tonight. They executed extremely well and carried themselves with complete dignity, though at times the MBA fans lacked class (singing "hey, hey, hey, goodbye" to BA fans instead of celebrating with their own team).

Coach Rutledge never ceases to impress me, nor does Michael Fisher. MBA again outcoached BA tonight; the Eagles didn't possess the balance necessary to come back in the game.

Congrats again to the Big Red for their victory. It was well-deserved.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely agree. MBA showed their prowess tonight in a big way. BA played decently at times, but couldn't put it together for a complete game. Mad props to Rutledge, Fisher, Koban, French, and Santi for some big plays tonight. Good game.

And for another season I'll say this...

Next year is the year!!!

From a Father Ryan fan I also want to congratulate the Big Red on a well deserved championship. After the railroad job done on them 3 weeks ago, they clearly had the mental edge going into this game.

I think it is safe to say that MBA`s coaching staff, their system, their team chemistry is superior to anyone else`s in the Super 7 as evidenced by their run of the past several years.

Brentwood Academy as an example, has in many years, put more physically talented teams on the field, but that physical talent has been neutralized by savvy MBA coaching and confident play by MBA`s players.

They are to be commended for their amazing run.

though at times the MBA fans lacked class (singing "hey, hey, hey, goodbye" to BA fans instead of celebrating with their own team).

That's taunting and a lack of class? That song has been a staple of high school sports for as long as the song has been out. I would be hard pressed to think of a game I played in or attended in the '70's that didn't conclude with the singing of that song, along with K.C. and the Sunshine Band's "That's the Way I Like It". It was simply a celebration of the game's approaching conclusion, a little like the winning side's fans' counting down the last 10 seconds on the clock.

That's taunting and a lack of class? That song has been a staple of high school sports for as long as the song has been out. I would be hard pressed to think of a game I played in or attended in the '70's that didn't conclude with the singing of that song, along with K.C. and the Sunshine Band's "That's the Way I Like It". It was simply a celebration of the game's approaching conclusion, a little like the winning side's fans' counting down the last 10 seconds on the clock.

A staple of high school sports, perhaps. But not appropriate when your team has just won the state championship and you take time away from celebrating to demean the other team, especially when the other team's fans are applauding your team as you taunt them.

Congrats to MBA.

I think its so funny because before the game started BA fans were cheering we want MBA and thats what they got and thats what they get. They got ripped off the last game and just straight kicked butt in this one. Also I think the no excuses sign just game MBA players more motivation to do what they did. Michael Fisher is the real deal, no doubt. Congrats to MBA.

I was at the game just for the football. MBA was clearly the better team. They beat BA despite what I would call some very biased officiating. It just looked like BA, because of their history, got the benefit of the doubt on every call. Maybe even more than the benefit of the doubt on some.

Strangely, I commented to my wife during the game about how reserved the MBA fans were compared to the BA fans. i don't think the criticism of their fans is at all justified.

Fisher made some very nice throws but I would have to give the MVP to his receivers. Their catching was better than Fisher's throwing. There were some spectacular catches on some high passes.

Congrats to MBA on their championship.

I agree MBA was clearly the better team. They did a better job coaching as a whole staff and executed better. The thing I don't understand is where people get that they had lesser talent. They weren't watching the same game that I was. That is not to take anything away from the job they did but lets not act like they are playing with average talent. Also, don't forget MBA has the best STAFF in the state.

Edited by briantodd

A staple of high school sports, perhaps. But not appropriate when your team has just won the state championship and you take time away from celebrating to demean the other team, especially when the other team's fans are applauding your team as you taunt them.

i find it hard to believe that you dont think BA's fans would sing that if they won.