Congratulations to MBA

rbtenn

A couple of consistent points keep coming up which surprise me. Isaw both BA and MBA play and I disagree with those of you who say the "less physically talented team won." I really don't know which team is more physically talented as both teams are exceedingly talented. To say that Holbert, Townsend, Forte and teammates are more talented than Fisher, Koban, Santi and teammates ignores the talent of MBA. Both teams are exteremly gifted and to say one has clearly more talent is just flat wrong.

Also, everyone seems to want to jump on the better coaching bandwagon. Seems to me that MBA executed nearly flawlessly (other than a couple of fumbles). Also, MBA is able to diversify its offense because of its personnel better than BA was able to do this year. That does not mean one coach is better. I am not taking anything away from Coach Rutledge, he is obviously a great coach but he has a good pool of talent there. My personal opinion is that, frankly, MBA is just better this year and played an excellent final game.

Attempts to overanalyze this game as "superior coaching over superior talent" ignores the facts. Both teams have great talent and coaching.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on winning a "state championship". No disrespect to the job the coaches and players from MBA put in, but my problem is with the TSSAA and the divisions they have created. MBA won a title over 6 other teams from across the state. Oak Ridge had to defeat more than that to win its REGION!! The TSSAA must come up with a better plan than this. To only have to win 3 games in the "play-offs" (all the teams make it so how is this a playoff) to win a state title is not fair.

I really don't think that the numer of teams is all that relevant when the competition is as fierce as the super 7. McCallie, CBHS, MBA, and BA would all be top 10 teams in 5A. The super 7 basically just eliminates all the patsy games from the schedule. Honestly most of the 1st and 2nd round playoff games are a joke anyway so it pretty much levels out in the end.

Skeebob

Thanks for your response. My only reservation in posting it was that I was concerned some might view the post as taking away from the job Coach Rutledge and his staff did. They obvioulsy did a great job in the finals-and all year for that matter. I am not taking away from the coaching job-even with a lot of talent, it is difficult to prepare kids for the success MBA had this year.

A couple of consistent points keep coming up which surprise me. Isaw both BA and MBA play and I disagree with those of you who say the "less physically talented team won." I really don't know which team is more physically talented as both teams are exceedingly talented. To say that Holbert, Townsend, Forte and teammates are more talented than Fisher, Koban, Santi and teammates ignores the talent of MBA. Both teams are exteremly gifted and to say one has clearly more talent is just flat wrong.

Also, everyone seems to want to jump on the better coaching bandwagon. Seems to me that MBA executed nearly flawlessly (other than a couple of fumbles). Also, MBA is able to diversify its offense because of its personnel better than BA was able to do this year. That does not mean one coach is better. I am not taking anything away from Coach Rutledge, he is obviously a great coach but he has a good pool of talent there. My personal opinion is that, frankly, MBA is just better this year and played an excellent final game.

Attempts to overanalyze this game as "superior coaching over superior talent" ignores the facts. Both teams have great talent and coaching.

Chattcity, I agree 110% with your assessment. MBA's personnel allowed them to be balanced, whereas Brentwood Academy's talent placement leaned towards the rushing attack. Coach Rutledge called a fantastic game, but he also had more diversified offensive talent to utilize. Meanwhile, BA was just as talented, but didn't have the personnel to line up and throw the ball 25 times. Very good post.

Wes, I'm sorry for the game loss. At least ONE of my teams won...the Vols!

If I had your email I could email you and tell you what's goin on.

I got a new internet cable today, so hopefully my dorm computer will have AOL IM access when I get back tonight. Then we can chat. Until then, here's my email:

wboling@utk.edu

I'm not too upset by the loss. The past 3 years were rough, but this year I'm at UT so the grief is 180 miles away. It was disappointing to see my Eagles lose, but after graduating the games aren't quite as important in my personal scope. Sorry about your loss as well...tell the folks in Alamo I know how they feel!

I want to say Congradulations on a Most Impressive win Sat. against BA. I haven't been that impressed by a football team in a while. MBA came out and Hit BA in the Mouth early. Yall's quarterback is amazing. His accuracy, and throwing power was incredible.

I would like to extend an inventation to Come cheer on the REBELS on Friday night. It will be one hect of a game.

Again Congradulations on a great win, and a great season.

I want to say Congradulations on a Most Impressive win Sat. against BA. I haven't been that impressed by a football team in a while. MBA came out and Hit BA in the Mouth early. Yall's quarterback is amazing. His accuracy, and throwing power was incredible.

I would like to extend an inventation to Come cheer on the REBELS on Friday night. It will be one hect of a game.

Again Congradulations on a great win, and a great season.

UGA, nice post.

Let me again extend my offer to fans of Brentwood Academy, MBA, and BGA: I will buy a Coke for the first 5 BA/MBA/BGA fans I see at the Franklin-Germantown game. Look for me: I'll be wearing a bright orange UT hat and will probably be close to the front of the FHS side sitting next to FHSRebel27. Williamson County fans, let's support the Rebels!

To MBA and all their fans: Excellent win and a great season. The National recognition you get is well deserved. You ran a very balanced game plan on

offense and defense. Hats off to Fisher, Santi, Koban and the unsung heros

on the line. MBA won the game on every front. BA has a lot of work to do

but I believe they are still one of the best teams in the state. It's too bad we

will never see a true "State Champion" because I think an MBA vs. the 5A

"State Champ" would be a great ballgame with a huge attendance. Also,

great post Chattcity.