MARYVILLE 2004

linebackers

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville will probably have yet another strong year next year. Strong returning Players:

1. Cade Thompson-QB-Junior

2. Antonio Byner-RB-Junior

3. Andrew Clement-WR-Junior

4. Matt Valentine-MLB-Sophmore

5. Gary Tucker-OL-Sophmore

6. Ryan Tallent-RB-Sophmore

7. Rhett Brooks-OL-Junior

8. Curtis Tate-WR-Sophmore

9. Tyler Maples-WR-Freshman

*Thats all I know off the top of my head. Im sure theres a lot more.*

QB. Cade Thompson will be a 3 year starter

All of the offensive linemen that are starting will be back.

RB. Losing McCord will hurt but Antonio Byner,Ryan Tallent and Adrian Baker will pick up the slack.

WR. Losing Gaskin,Rouse and Sanders will be tough. Andrew Clement will be back. I expect Tyler Maples,Ben Swann,Ryan Jenkins and Kirk Harris to step up.

DE. Jeffery Smith will be back. Losing Hodge will hurt. I think Justin Voto,Jesse Miles and Brian Strong will step up.

DT. Adam Cable will be back. Hopefully someone will step up.

LB. Matt Valentine will be back. Losing Arrington and Hannon will hurt. I think Adam Parnell,Anthony Jackson,Jon Lawhon,Kat Kimsey and the freshmen Tanner Caylor,Joseph Miranda and Ryan Singleton will help.

Safeties. Dave Garner and Andrew Clement will be back.Losing Gaskin and Rouse will hurt.

CB. Losing Flowers and Humphrey will hurt. I think Adam Cox and Curtis Tate might be the starters next year. Maples and Harris will play a lot at corner.

Need to find a kicker. Chris Yarlett has done a good job this year.

Maryville will be very strong next season.

After looking at the class 4-A program and checking the rosters of teams through out the state, I believe Maryville will be tough to beat. They will have back as many starters as anyone in the playoffs this year.

Next year's O-Line will be extremely strong. Maybe a lot like 2002's line, except bigger and more physical. Cade will be a 3 year starter. Byner, Tallent, Lawhon, Tank, Hughes will compose a fine stable of backs. Clement, Harris, Jenkins, and the next Maples (Tyler) will give Cade plenty of targets.

On defense, Jeffrey Smith will be awfully good at DE. I look for maybe Rhett Brooks, Voto, and Miles to battle for the other one. Adam Cable, now only a sophomore starter will be a year older and bigger at DT. I would say May and some of the other starters on the O-line would contribute at the other DT.

At LB, Valentine will be back 2 more years at MLB. I think they will probably move Parnell to LB. Then you have Lawhon, Jackson, if they can light a fire under Jackson, etc. to fight for the other position.

CB should be okay with Tate, Cox, and some of the receivers mixing in. Safety should be extremely strong with Clement and Dave Garner returning. Look for Edmiston to help at safety also.

Go Rebs.

I agree MHS will be strong agan, if the staff stays intact. There are a few other kids who have not been metioned that will contribute, not just the kids who have gotten the opportuinity to play this year. Because of this Maryville should be deeper next year than this year.

I think the LB's area will have the most need next year. Valintine will really come into his own as a mainstay. I would like to see Voto, Miles, Lawhan and Kimsey be looked at for LB corp because of the speed these kids bring. Every other position except for Smith's DE is up for competition in the front seven I think. It should be a fun year as well.

i'm just wondering if we're gonna have another big, tall great receiver next year ?? we've been very lucky to have JACOB HOLT and now TYLER GASKIN . It's an advantage having a taller receiver , since CADE THOMPSON has such great touch on that outside fade route .

overall , i think we'll be much better next year . i think our linebacking corps will be great for at least the next 3 years .

i'm just wondering if we're gonna have another big, tall great receiver next year ?? we've been very lucky to have JACOB HOLT and now TYLER GASKIN . It's an advantage having a taller receiver , since CADE THOMPSON has such great touch on that outside fade route .

overall , i think we'll be much better next year . i think our linebacking corps will be great for at least the next 3 years .

Can't remember his first name but his last name is Brown. He is a 6"4" sophmore with good hands. Also expect Jenkins to be an impact WR next year. Jenkins is tall but I'm not sure how tall he is. He appears to be at least 6'1". He may be taller but in the limited action I have saw him he has great hands and is very athletic. I am actually suprised he has not saw more PT but then again I don't attend practices

yes that is right central did start alot of juniors and sophomores on both sides of the ball. Of course we will lose jackson and shavar but dada gaston will play tailback and terence scott #1 will play flanker. The only major problem is we lose our O line except for 1. but we have 4 returning players that have plenty of experience on friday nights we just need a few to step up. On defense we lose shavar in the dbs but have players that can step up in his position. all 3 linebackers will be back. both DEs will be back. we lose 2 DL starters but have 2 or 3 that have experience there so it will be a great matchup next year.