8AA

Rahobk

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

East Lit. beat Hume Fogg in OT 77-68. Also, Greenbrier beat Portland. Both of those games could be seen as upsets. However, 8AA is once again a very difficult district to play in. Station Camp played Lipscomb very close, and put up 66 points against them. SC is very scrappy, shoots the ball well, and has some of the best fan support. Although played at Lipscomb, SC fans were the ones making the most noise.

Looks like this year the 8AA district champ could very easily be a .500 team.

I would like some stats from the game please. Congrats to East lit and Greenbrier. Not really surprized about Greenbrier winning because they have more players then Portland. East Lit. though, that is surprzing. They must have learned to keep their heads in the game for once.

Greenbrier only played 6 players. Portland played around 10. Greenbrier will not be as deep as expected due to 3 football players quitting. 2 of them starters off last years team. One was their leading scorer.

They still have seem to come together and play well, especially on defense, they have not allowed a team to score over 44 points so far.

Congrats to Coach Fey and East Lit on their big win last night.

Hume-Fogg is down.

I don't know if I'd go that far but I do think that Hume-Fogg has gotten to a point where sometimes making the flashy play or the "amazing" dunk is more important to them than the simple layup that will push them two more points ahead. Don't get me wrong, I love to see those awesome plays, but I love to see my HF boys win even more.