RIVERDALE vs. GERMANTOWN

ERA

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Riverdale. I know you all can keep it in the midstate. If we had not beaten ourselves with turnovers and some key dropped balls, I would be cheering against you now. But as it is, I don't think Germantown will give you near as much trouble as they are going to have you believe. Just play your game and the state should be yours.

I went to the Riverdale vs Oak Ridge game last night. I was very impressed with Riverdale's defense. #37 is a stud. I heard he was only a sophomore. I saw him run down Cory Booker like he was sitting still. All of Riverdale's defense flies to the ball.

Yes, #37 is a sophomore. I said in a different thread that the play you mentioned was amazing. That Booker (#11) had about a 5 yard lead around the 20 but at midfield or so not only #37 but #9 and another guy ran him down from behind, with #9 actually stripping the ball from behind... Was a great play in a great game - agreed?

I don't know about the age of Germantown, but I think what makes this run through the playoffs so special to Riverdale is that we are doing it with mostly juniors and sophomores, with only 2 senior starters on each side of the ball, and one of this is one who plays both ways. And after the loss at home to Dickson County we probably never imagined we would win at the Pit and the Ship in back to back weeks....

I am a diehard Oak Ridge Wildcat fan. I say to Riverdale, go out there and do it right against Germantown. You gotta admitt that 20 secs and OR on the 5 makes a heart beat real hard! Has to. Don't give Germantown that chance!

Now, go prove that the champ game was played Friday, yesturday at OR, by whipping Germantown solidly. Don't try to pass...unless their d is better than you faced at OR. Run it down the field. Go RD on this one!

God Bless. Dart.

I can't wait to see this game!! I think the riverdale speed will be to much for Germantown!!

It will be a real good game but I think Riverdale has the potential to run away with this one!If Germantown wins I think it will be a close game if the game is a blow out I think Riverdale will be the one who does it!

GO G.Miller!! Run like only you can run---FAST!!!!

GO WARRIORS!!

Germantown has a great team this year. I played against them during the season and have watched them play throughout the playoffs. They run the ball right at you the entire game either through option or right up the middle. They have 2 solid running backs, Kasser and Dixon. Kasser is a Mr. TN finalist and flies to the ball on defense and runs the ball pretty well. They have a big Offensive line. They swarm to the ball on D and can stop the run and pass. The only teams that have had any chance of slowing down G-Town at all this year are teams that are big upfront. If Riverdale cannot win the line of scrimmage on defense, they will not win State.

This should be a great game. Germantown has crushed just about everyone they have played, including in the playoffs. They have put up some awesome defensive numbers. These two teams sound very similar....run the ball and play great defense.

Does Germantown have a web site where we can get some info on their team?

Everything you could want to know about Riverdale Football:

Riverdale Football

Go Warriors!!!

helmet.gif

aas a former riverdale player i know the focus that it takes to win this one. yo guys have the talent the coaching and the drive now just do it C/O 2003 BIG #75 you know who it is get the hardware.

What up biggin'! If this is who i think it is. You can probably figure out who i am by my screen name. If you can't remember that i graduated last year but i still have a chance for a ring on friday.

We got this one and next year