RIVERDALE vs. GERMANTOWN

ERA

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't want to jinx my boys, but i say that the warriors will prevail. i did not expect to see them here, after all of us seniors from last year graduated. hats off to coach rankin and the staff, especially britton for working his magic with yet another inexperienced offensive line. he is just as good as any coach in this state, and he succeeds because he becomes a second father to us on the o-line.

i'll be in the stands saturday, so don't let me down warriors! show germantown football what middle tn football is all about!

never bring a devil to a war dance!

The odds are stacked very high against Germantown. This is basically a home game for a Riverdale team with experience on turf. Germantown has to make a second road trip and attempt to knock off a very good Riverdale team. All this will make it very hard for the Devils, but having said all of this, I think they can pull it out and I'm pulling for them. My pick Germantown 31 Riverdale 28

It was so funny reading last week how great all the Oak Ridge people said their tailbacks and they scored a whopping 13 points on the Warriors. Now I hear from someone that Germantown will be able to dominate upfront. If Lincoln County with their line cannot dominate Riverdale upfront, no one can. Riverdale's offense is semi explosive but not enough to put up 30 points, but this should be the beginning of back to back titles in Murfreesboro for the Warriors

Riverdale 20

Germantown 13

Also, This is the fourth year Riverdale has played on its own field at Tomahawk Stadium so the only players with experience on the turf our players who played some in the last three championship games which is probably not many. Rankin may have a better idea how to game plan on it, but the only advantage to playing at MTSU is being in the Boro. Expect 10 to 15 thousand Warrior fans loud on Saturday since UT is not in the SEC Championship game

Welp i am going to put my prediction in. I'm a 100% Gtown fan, soooo maybe its not necassary. but i think Gtown has a better chance then alot of u middle and eastern Tn people are giving us. Germantown has faced their share of fast players, and our defense is rock solid. I do think the game will be extrmemly close. Both Gtown and Riverdale are very evenly matched. i am not good with score predictions but i see it in favor of gtown by no more then 3 points. maybe a germantown win will gain some credit for the West. But i really think we should get some credit anyways, just for the fact that we are going to state and have worked really hard to get here. Good luck to both teams! i will be at the game playing my horn for gtown! Go Devils!

The thing that stands out in my mind about Germantown is the way they acted when they played Lincoln County for state back in the early 90's. Some Germantown fans had banners on their cars that said, "We're not stuck up, we're just better than you." I guess that stemmed from their coming from a ritzy area of Memphis and from having the reputation of being snooty.

Interesting how that has stuck with me all these years. Small wonder that I am pulling for Riverdale, as I would have for ANYONE else playing Germantown.

The thing that stands out in my mind about Germantown is the way they acted when they played Lincoln County for state back in the early 90's. Some Germantown fans had banners on their cars that said, "We're not stuck up, we're just better than you." I guess that stemmed from their coming from a ritzy area of Memphis and from having the reputation of being snooty.

Interesting how that has stuck with me all these years. Small wonder that I am pulling for Riverdale, as I would have for ANYONE else playing Germantown.

I've seen you mention that twice now...it was a joke and always has been. Had LC won either game i doubt it would be and issue to you.(I assumed you were talkin about 94' and 96')