OK, So who won?

krichunaka

He ahs done well himself for 4 years!!! he's been up for Mr. Football twice now! We wouldn't be mad....but he's got twice the numbers the guy from Ripley has1 That's my problem with the situation!

Anyway....it don't matter now cause it's over. CONGRATS go otu to the Lineman from Ripley...we ain't tryin tot ake nothin away from you!!!

GO FALCONS....get them rings!!! *BLING BLING BLING BLING*

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

krp, First off...we don't want you, or anyone else to leave the board for keeps. We've all gone at each other in the past, and most always for the fun of sport.

What's amazing is: Well over 2000 hits in what, three hours? Gotta be some sort of record. Incredible!

I hope my little inquiry/thread doesn't cause anyone to leave a board, or hold a grudge. Come on guys.

Why can't we all just get along? :D

Gosh guys, I hate that I missed all the suspense but I have been way behind at work since our little break. Nikki is with Dane and I could have called her. Oh well, I am just excited to death that they both won. Congratulations to Dane and Mark and all of their families! We are all very proud of you!

Don't you even tell us that you didn't personally drive the Cloudland Cheerleaders to the event. And no, none of us have forgotten our little get-together. B)

And flossie, thanks for letting us know. :D

I think that Mr. Football awards should be decided after the Championship games and the playoffs should come into account for voting. Should how a player performs in a pressure situation such as playoffs not have something to do with how good he is. Taking nothin away from the Cloudland players, they had a wonderful season and deserved the award for their accomplishments through the year. However, they lost in the first round; whereas, other players such as Collin Bodiford carried their teams through the playoffs. Anyway, I just think that is one thing that should be looked at.

I think that Mr. Football awards should be decided after the Championship games and the playoffs should come into account for voting. Should how a player performs in a pressure situation such as playoffs not have something to do with how good he is. Taking nothin away from the Cloudland players, they had a wonderful season and deserved the award for their accomplishments through the year. However, they lost in the first round; whereas, other players such as Collin Bodiford carried their teams through the playoffs. Anyway, I just think that is one thing that should be looked at.

buschman,

You make a good point, but there is another angle to consider. Many very good players on "lesser" teams would be at a very unfair advantage. A very good player on an average team would be eliminated based on your scenario. Would it really be fair to exclude an 1800-plus yard rusher because his team simply isn't as good as many of the better teams?

Infact, it seems that maybe the reverse logic should apply. That's a lot of yards for someone from a "losing" team.

I think the NFL also picks their pro-bowlers based on regular-season statistics, highlights, etc; but I could be wrong.

But one more point. In the first round Cloudland exit, Mark Byrd played with a deep thigh bruise suffered early in the game. His 350 total yards performance thus looks even more impressive in retrospect.

And I've heard many say that Collin Bodiford is sensational. Hey, he was elected one of the top three backs in his class. Not bad at all. I hope he's as proud as he should be.

I just knew Albert Harris was going to win for Austin East and Stephens from Fulton. I can't imagine anyone having the numbers Lil Albert had. He played 4 plays on defense and had 2 interceptions, one for a touchdown of 6o yards. I guess Earnest Williams must of rushed for 2,000 yards this year. Just think Albert didn't have over 180 carries. He caught, ran, and threw touchdowns. And Stephens was a force.

I just knew Albert Harris was going to win for Austin East and Stephens from Fulton. I can't imagine anyone having the numbers Lil Albert had. He played 4 plays on defense and had 2 interceptions, one for a touchdown of 6o yards. I guess Earnest Williams must of rushed for 2,000 yards this year. Just think Albert didn't have over 180 carries. He caught, ran, and threw touchdowns. And Stephens was a force.

Albert will win next year no doubt. Unless they do him like they've done MooMoo and rob him of it. But whatever....MooMoo'll have a ring. BooRelly....I wouldn't be so quick to rank Fulton number 7 in the region like you did last year again. Way off sir!!! A man of your "stature" should know better....you would think!