The worst stadiums/feilds in Tennessee

DaFultonBoy3

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meigs Co. field is pretty bad. Not only does it have a big hump but it holds water on the sides and also has the infamous sand monsters. The coaching staff is doing the best they can on it with what they have. I have heard rumors that the field is getting a make over this off season.

Edited by jwinston

If u stand on one sideline, you can barely see the other side because it's so slanted.

The key word is CROWN. And if you travel across the state, you will encounter a lot of fields with big crowns. Sevier County's comes to mind. Some will tell you that big crowns came in vogue to combat rain amd snow and help with drainage, but big crowns really came into fashion in the old days of the wing T when it was easier to run the ball when you can 'run downhill' - and the added height means some adjustments from visiting Quarterbacks who aren't used to the big crown :lol:

Edited by davidlimbaugh

Seemed that Oak Ridge had a very big crown on the field. I can certainly see how that could effect a QB.

Columbia's field is the worst I've seen for a spectator. The playing surface is fine. It looks fine for the players but from half-way up in the home stands it still seems like you have to look up to see the game. Kind of like an anti-pit. Almost impossible to get the birds-eye view.

I was trying to imagine what the Riverdale - Lincoln County or Riverdale - Oak Ridge games would be like played at Smyrna or Lavergne. The visitors side at those stadiums holds about a hundred people. You would literally have thousands of people that would have to stand.

I think we should build everyone a stadium just like the one at Lincoln County. That is a great place to see a game. Lots of good seats.