Morristown West vs. Hillsboro

GoodSpeed03

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

DANGIT, screwed that one up, i know hillsboro is 13-1... sorry

but anyways... Morristown West in a close one if the offense gets going, i think they can hold Hillsboro's offense just enough to edge it out, but that's ONLY if the trojan O can put some points on the board

Edited by GoodSpeed03

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but Hillsboro wins this one by double didgets. I know M west has accomplished a lot by getting here, but they are not better than Hillsboro. In fact, I think that if they played Maryville again that Maryville would beat them by 17. I'm not taking anything away from M-West, they beat a good team, but 8 times out of 10 they would have lost. However, the only game that matters was played last Friday and West won so congrats. Anyway, back to the subject. Hillsboro has too much deapth/experience for West. They were here last year and should have won. That means this year they will be even more hungary.

ACCARP

I'm sorry, but Hillsboro definitely does not have a depth advantage on Morristown West. I'm sure you Burro fans remember the packed sideline of players from Maryville the last couple of years, well West has more players on this year's roster than they have had in a while. I believe they dress 90 or more for each game, and they play up to 50-60 players each game with no one player playing on both sides of the ball.

Hillsboro may have an experience edge, but they haven't won the gold ball yet. That makes them even with West in state titles, so the experience factor is mute.

I see a close game developing on Saturday with both teams being pretty equal.

I'll say West by 3.

I'm sorry, but Hillsboro definitely does not have a depth advantage on Morristown West. I'm sure you Burro fans remember the packed sideline of players from Maryville the last couple of years, well West has more players on this year's roster than they have had in a while. I believe they dress 90 or more for each game, and they play up to 50-60 players each game with no one player playing on both sides of the ball.

Hillsboro may have an experience edge, but they haven't won the gold ball yet. That makes them even with West in state titles, so the experience factor is mute.

I see a close game developing on Saturday with both teams being pretty equal.

I'll say West by 3.

On depth, I agree it is our biggest disadvantage. First v. Maryville now v. MoWest. That's why Hillsboro wil lbe best served by running up a three of four TD lead before rotating its starters and 2nd teamers.

The seconda statement is lacking: even though we haven;lt won the gold, being there two years in a row and hanging well with Maryville is the best practice a program can get. MoWest never made it that far in recent years.

I also agree it will be a close game -- until we've had possession about four times -- then we'll see big ol Mowest in our rear view mirror... getting SMAller... Smaller...smaller...

Im really wonderin where ppl are comin uo with this stuff? More Depth? 3 or 4 TD's? Hillsboro winnin by DOUBLE DIGITS? I tell you wut MoWest is gone win this game and Ill tell you why. The defense is gonna come out and play Trojan football, and show them just like they showed the Rebs its not good to be THAT COCKY. See Maryville did somethin yaw ain't. THEY GAVE US A LIL BIT OF RESPECT.(GREAT GAME TO ALL THEY MARYVILLE FANSE AND PLAYERS) But if you come into a game showin no respect to a team. WHOA NELLY you got on comin. The Trojans haven't ever even been to a State Championship and REFUSE to go home w/o winnin one. They are gonna do this for #96 Sanvy Theno. They are motivated and ready. Im takin the Trojans this game. 17-7.

~LETS GET EM' TROJANS~

Good game Rebs and congradulations on an EXCELLENT season. You played your hearts out. GOOD LUCK NEXT YEAR.

MRedRebles...please get over the fact Maryville lost and Mo Town West has a chance please?

I don't know how you drew that conclusion by me saying that a'look who they played". I'm sorry if you took it the wrong way, I was meaning to say Maryville was a great team and still is, that is why Hillsboro lost the past two years, I never said that they would get it because they were playing Mo. West.

I think the biggest factor in this game is the Experience Factor. Saying the experience factor is mute, is like saying what your defense learned nothing the past few games. Experience is everything in HS Football, that and heart.

Hillsboro is a very good team and has proven it the past three years by their record. Morristown got it done last week, barely. This statement does not take away the fact they are a good team and their defense is above average for a state bound team. I expect Hillsboro will win the game mainly because of the Experience Factor. They also have some top notch athletes that I think the Trojans will have some trouble matching up with on the fast turf, Good luck to both teams.

From what I've heard, West has a better chance of beating Hillsboro than Maryville would have. It will be a fast game. I read in the Tennessean that the Hillsboro QB has only completed 13 passes this year; so couple that with West's running offense, you better not go to the Men's room or you may miss a quarter. From the stats of the running game, Hillsboro looks like they can certainly run the ball. Losing Bryant has to hurt but Tibbs was the star of the game last year against Maryville and has averaged 12 yds. per carry this year so they aren't hurting. Doss is every bit the threat Gray was in 01 running the ball and having Walter Fisher back on defense makes a difference.

The thing that makes this game close is West's defensive front. I talked to a buddy who says that West has a front seven that is as good and fast as they've ever seen. This game will be won in the trenches. I think this is close game just because of West's front and the game will be short because of the two teams desire to run the ball. West will need to play field position and not put their offense in too many long fields. If West can force Hillsboro into a couple turnovers, I like their chances. If West lets Hillsboro get those athletes running, it might be a long day. Being originally from East Tennessee, I have to pull for West but Hillsboro is certainly due, especially after last year and Maryville beating them on big plays. Good luck to both teams.