Hooray Blount County School Board

Rebelsman

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And they do this after I leave!! ha ha Blount County football has won and has been successful. I don't doubt for one moment that both schools will be successful in the future. It is just sad that both schools had to lose their head coaches for this to happen. Good luck to the applicants.

I never even thought about taking it that way Rebelsman. I know what you are saying. I think everyone would like to see WBHS and HHS competing every year with consistent coaching and consistent support. Remember how good the games were in '99 and '00? It could be that way again. And with the coaching supplements being raised, it appears that the administration is starting to support the schools.

http://www.thedailytimes.com/sited/story/html/150652

I hope this cures the problem of coaching turnover. The Blount County kids deserve a good program. I am glad to see the school board take a stand in support of athletics.

That sounds like a nice supplement for the Blount County Coaches. Just FYI Morgan County coaches (Wartburg, Coalfield, Sunbright, Oakdale) receive a flat $2000 a year supplement. I would think that they are at the bottom of the barrel.

Thank goodness something is finally done to get the programs in the right direction, it was way overdue. If the two county programs get two good coaches and the coaching staff stays together for a while watch out Maryville, your toughest competition might come from inside your own county.

Thank goodness something is finally done to get the programs in the right direction, it was way overdue. If the two county programs get two good coaches and the coaching staff stays together for a while watch out Maryville, your toughest competition might come from inside your own county.

A very good point Sir.

When Maryville gets to 5A it will be a shame that two excellent Blount County Teams will have to sit at home when the 5A state championship games come, HA! What a sight that would be. I am glad to see the Board take a step in the right direction, now if they will hire the right guys. Money is only part of the problem.

CoachDG, when you were at HHS did the kids get the equipment and things you needed to support a program. I mean things like new helmets, Tape, pads and other items to keep the kids protected and equipped? By the way I hated to see you leave, you worked hard and had a great influence on the kids, the programs in Blount need all the quality guys like you they can find.

As I understand it the supplement was increased 3%. I don't know how much the supplement is currently. However, if the supplement was $3000 the raise would be $90. I don't see how this would make a big difference in being able to hire and keep a good coach. Please let me know if I read it wrong.

As I understand it the supplement was increased 3%. I don't know how much the supplement is currently. However, if the supplement was $3000 the raise would be $90. I don't see how this would make a big difference in being able to hire and keep a good coach. Please let me know if I read it wrong.

The current supplement is 15% of the base pay of a first year teacher in the system with a bachelor's degree (around 28k). The increase takes it to 18%, still using the 28K figure.

Doesn't matter how long the coach has been teaching or what level of degree he or she has, the percentage is still based on that lowest level of pay. However, that could possibly change eventually as well, so that the supplement would increase based on year's of experience, etc.