Top teams in 1a next season

pujo

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 teams stick out to me: CPA, DCA, and Boyd.

The team that probably loses the least is DCA, who loses only 2 starters and return the state's leading rusher(healthy) and a very good defensive front. From what I saw yesterday, their secondary could use a little size, but they are very fast.

CPA loses a lot of line power(including Mr Football nominee, Will Hooper), but their skill positions will be stacked with Landers, Pollock, and Sikes - his Mom would wanted it spelled correctly. And Coach Pack always has his teams up for a season.

I don't know as much about Boyd, but I do know that they will lose some big time defensive players. They should still be pretty good, though, because Akins and Peardon return.

Edited by Bighurt

Cloudland will not be a state powerhouse, but should still win their region next year. Unaka will be second, Cosby third, North Greene fourth, and Jellico fifth. If the lineman get in the weight room, Cloudland should finish 6-4 with their only losses coming to Sullivan East, Cherokee, JJ Kelley, and Appalachia. They should beat Hampton and Rye Cove. I predict that they will lose in the first round to either Coalfield or Oneida. If they work hard this winter, they may prove me wrong. Its hard for a small school to reload after losing so many seniors the last 2 years. Roan Mt. is small: not too many players to choose from, but the future looks good. Watch out for Pujo's oldest boy, little Jerry. He's got Mark Byrd ability. He went undefeated in flag. That team reminds me of the team that Mark played on. We may have another future dynasty at Cloudland.

Thanks for the props Flossie ,but little Jerry has alot of work ahead of him before he becomes another Byrd. We do seem to have several talented young kids coming up. Only time will tell. As far as our highschool team goes, we have the kids in school to be a pretty good team ,but I think several of the future lineman have desided not to play. Don,t want to work hard enough to be good, only two lineman are working ,everyone but the lineman are working. We could have our first 0 abd 10 team. WHAT A SHAME. This is what seperates the publics from the privates.

DCA, Boyd, and CPa.... one of those 3 will win the state. Gordonsville should be the best public school. Ray will be a MR football Candidate along with Wooden and Peardon. It will be a close race between Wooden and Peardon... as Ray will not have a great O-line in front of him...so he wont put up the numbers as those 2, Cloudland and SP will be down... but dont count SP out.... always a tough team....

The Offseason will decide who wins it all next year..... It comes down to who wants to work the most to get the ring!!

I think Pujo has it right. Whoever works the hardest in the offseason has the best chance, whether public or private, Antwan. Even though Coach Satterfield in Trousdale Co is pretty opinionated about this subject, he beat the privates more often than not when they were in 1A. I suspect it was because he had his teams prepared, and that his players worked their tails off in the offseason.

I think Pujo has it right.  Whoever works the hardest in the offseason has the best chance, whether public or private, Antwan.  Even though Coach Satterfield in Trousdale Co is pretty opinionated about this subject, he beat the privates more often than not when they were in 1A.  I suspect it was because he had his teams prepared, and that his players worked their tails off in the offseason.

The last time I checked...Trousdale was still in 3a. I don't think they will be a factor in 1a next year. :D I don't think they could beat the privates even if they were.

Edited by Antwan