3rd time is a charm!

crkjon

"this is normal activity for thugs ....so dont be suprised ...cant understand why a coach would let them score with 45 sec. left...no need to rub salt in the wound.

"I watched as an impartial football fan. #6 was not running his mouth anymore than #98. THese kids have grown up with this garbage. Everyone thinks they are bad and bullitproof. Disappointed in them both for their actions but you see it everytime you watch a football game, high school to the pros."

"Should #6 have been Mr. Football, thats always a debatable. But one thing for sure, between the two, #6 was the best player on the field. "

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This historic victory for the Burros wasn't about one player. Not Walter. Not Calvin. It was about a team, and more specifically three years' worth of blood sweat and tears that got Hillsboro to that game again and finally a gold football. If I had my pick of teams I wish had won the gold, I'd go with the 2001 team, then 2002 then this years team. There were better kids on the earlier teams, this was the roughest bunch of them all. Kind of strange how fickle fate can be.

As for whether Walter, Jr., is the better linebacker of the two, yes, in this game he was, despite being tossed. A true Mr. Football would not get suckered into a smackdown with the title game 8:00 from being over. I suppose Samari Rolle is a typical role model -- what with the profoundly stupid mock throat slash in last week's loss. Cost the Titans the game. But I'm not surprised with either one. WF didn't play at all last year due to dismal academics, so I think if the award were for 3 or 4 year starters with the best stats, he would not have been a finalist at all. Walter, Jr., is very talented, but is not a bright kid. I know his dad and he's a good guy. Walter Sr., had a great HS athletic career himself and this was supposed to be a proud night on the sidelines last night. He was likely disappointed in his son but still very proud of the team's victory.

As for Hillsboro's climb to the mountain top, read Joe Biddle's column in today's Tennessean. It gives you all a good insight at what the school is up against while trying to produce a program winner. This win is special to all things HHS.

Hillsboro High School -- 2003 AAAA State Football Champs.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe this good post by Kp94881. Not to think I am better or my opinion is better than anyone elses. But you have been bold the last couple of weeks with your statements. This is America, people have fought and died for our rights for free speech.

I have alot of respect for the Hillsboro program that Adylott has built. In my opinion, he has not been given enough credit for the success for the victorys and the way he handles his players. I am sure some will read this and think I'm crazy because of the actions by WF yesterday and other instances that may stick in their mind. But for the type inviroment and the upbringing most of these kids have lived through as a teen, his dicipline as a whole should be commended. I have been on the sideline when Hillsboro visits the team I follow as a part of the chain crew. The coach and his staff hold things together well. I have wittnessed a whole lot worse from rural and smaller town teams. From the coaches to the players to the fans.

Great article by Biddle. No one deserves a championship more than Adylott and his staff and dedicated fans although they are few for such a good program.

Put that kind of team in my town and the last one leaving would have to cut out the lights.

WestHighTrojanfan2007: what are you a darn freshman? havent you learned that freshman are meant to be seen and not heard, stuffed in lockers, and put behind doors. Its not a matter of fair and square or not. its the fact that your sorry, pathetic fans "the 12th man" get on here and talk crap about beating Maryville. by god after losing 5 of 6 games you ought to finally beat a team. so congrats on winning, but like I said in the previous post " Id rather be a gracious loser, than a sore winner" that is exactly what Mo-west fans are. The football players are talented good players sorry u didnt win. To the trash talking fans: when you win state then talk crap till then keep your classless mouths shut.

Pretty Intense. Been reading posts from Maryville for 3 weeks now and I believe you guys clearly win for trash talking. I enjoy playing Maryville and have yet to actually meet a live Maryville fan that wasn't total class, including the ones I met on the way to State. You have been gracious winners but need some work on how to be gracious losers. We will try to give you some more practice on losing next year. As for Hillsboro, congratulations! You beat us fair and square, played a great game. Would not trade my Trojans for anyone. Mo'west made us proud and we will always be proud of our boys. Will miss all the seniors, they had a great run and personally taught me alot about character. So looking ahead to next year, we have some awesome sophmores and will probably have a better balance to our offense. I believe our defense may not be as good as this year but will still be close. Go Trojans, thanks.

And I'll say again, I am from middle Tennessee and went to the game to pull for Hillsboro. I was just disappointed in the lack of class by several of their players.

I respectfully disagree with the past, present and future posters who claim Hillsboro has some classless players. On the field, Hillsboro plays with respect and intensity. Some players trash-talk during each and every game. I wasn't watching every player after the game, but I was on the field, and I didn't see anyone exhibit questionable behavior. Furthermore, I have seen Hillsboro's team play with class each time I have seen them play. Yesterday was no exception.

What I did see and hear yesterday was taunting and trash-talking by West -- before the game started. West did strike first in this department. I also saw several cheap shots by West players during the game. I couldn't hear what the West players were saying, but the trash-talking certainly went both ways.

By the way, I saw a couple of Hillsboro players get hit after the whistle blew by West players, and the Hillsboro players did not respond. I also saw several West players picking up Hillsboro players after the play was over.

There was more good sportsmanship than bad. My hunch is that West was getting more frustrated in the second half, which is understandable. The punch that the refs said Fisher, Jr. threw was on the other side of the field, and I could not see it. I seriously doubt he simply decided to throw an unprovoked punch in a championship game that his team was winning.

At the end of the game I saw Hillsboro players celebrating. I saw no one acting in an unbecoming manner.

Walter Fisher, Jr. has been nothing but a gentleman each time I have been around him. I hope whatever happened yesterday is put to rest, and he moves on to the next level.

Cooter, its people like you that can't see it. Maryville fans are not sore losers, its just when trojan fans get on here and talk so much trash and just makes you think whos the ones that have no class. Also about how they FINALLY BEAT us. Its over done with, go on with your lives and quit living it up on here because we don't care to hear it. Next year we will we ready. So it was a good win for you guys but don't expect it to happen and please keep your mouths shut. Trash talking just makes you and other trojans look bad. Maryville can take a lose and would rather be in the position they are in then you guys are in. So stop talking crap, have some class, and quit saying we can't take a lose. :D

I appreciate the post from kp94881 and will try to read the biddle article online

as I've said before (although it's like beating a dead horse), I am very tired of the trash talking, head bobbing, duck walking crap you see and hear about and at games

I am so much more impressed by wf's and bf's actions during a play than before and after-

it's nice to read posts that are about constructive criticism, or are witty, or are thoughtful than outright ragging a program or someone who posts-

I was at the game yesterday and saw some questionable behavior by hillsboro after the game, but after losing two years' previous and finally winning this year, I can understand and live with that

already thinking about next year's football season-----can't wait

ps--how's the hillsboro running back with the broken leg doing? he was at the game, right?

. . . and I didn't see anyone exhibit questionable behavior.

StanTrott,

This statement confirms what I have said before. Everytime someone criticizes Hillsboro, you say they are wrong.

Fisher is a great LB but he puts a great lick on the West QB and then gave the "out" sign while the kid laid on the ground. Then, he got thrown out of the game for throwing a punch. I guess the referees were just singling him out.

StanTrott,

This statement confirms what I have said before.  Everytime someone criticizes Hillsboro, you say they are wrong.

Fisher is a great LB but he puts a great lick on the West QB and then gave the "out" sign while the kid laid on the ground.  Then, he got thrown out of the game for throwing a punch.  I guess the referees were just singling him out.

Bighurt:

I simply stated what I know to be true. Did I imply the refs were singling out Walter Fisher, Jr.? Did I state that a puch wasn't thrown? No, I stated that I was on the other side of the field and didn't see what happened.

The kid has completed a championship season. I don't live with him, nor do I go to class with him. The truth is I see him on rare occasions in the locker room, offices and football fields. I would tell my priest that I think he has been a model citizen when I have seen him.

Sorry I cannot lie for you Bighurt. At least Fisher took his punch on the field in an emotional game. What's your excuse?

Go Burros! Thank you Walter Fisher, Jr. for a great season.

For all of you who have never made a mistake, try to make it to confession during Advent. It will make you feel better.

Edited by StanTrott