Williamson County - All County

SACDAWGS

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was very "politically correct", as most of the R-A's coverage is.  they try very hard not to make anyone too upset.

Ditto! It is a tough call just because of the sheer numbers, there is no shortage of talent in Williamson County.

Some guys have to be named because they are big physically or built right and thus DivI talent and you wouldn't want to take away their chance of playing at the next level by leaving them off, even if there are 5 or 6 smaller guys who are better lineman/receivers . "This kid" is moving on and the others aren't so put him on the team.

You also need to name a handful of juniors who are up and comers, even if they aren't as good as a couple of seniors, just because they need to start getting pub if they are going to get looked at next year!

Then you have NINE schools to make happy.... No, by no means is it an easy job!

Hats off to DD for putting himself in a position to make 30 happy and 300 mad!

Edited by BigDogDaddy

Well, they have a right to their opinion and among all of us"posters", they're the only ones who have seen all of the players, talked to all of the coaches, been to the most games, and witnessed numerous practices. They also talk to other writers and media people as well. Sure, I could debate certain players placements, exclusions, or awards, but all in all it's a fine job. A thankless job as well, but what "All-Star" team has at any level or any sport made everyone happy? Congrats to all who made this team and to their parents as well.

Don't forget about 2A in Fairview. Also there isn't a 1A team in Williamson Co.

5A- Brentwood, Franklin, Centennial, and Ravenwood

3A- Page

2A- Fairview

Div. II-3A- Brentwood Academy

Div. II-2A- Battle Ground Academy

Williamson Co. is well represented in almost every classification in the TSSAA.

I think Bighurt may have been including 1A CPA as part of Williamson County; though the school is in Davidson County, the football field is just over the line in WilCo. I could be wrong, but I think that's what he meant.

I think Bighurt may have been including 1A CPA as part of Williamson County; though the school is in Davidson County, the football field is just over the line in WilCo. I could be wrong, but I think that's what he meant.

WesVols is correct. I had forgotten about Fairview being 2A. CPA was the 1A school I was thinking of.