best freshmen in middle, tn?

columbia central

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! I just heard they played some upperclassmen in their freshmen games. We have played some schools that look at freshmen games like a JV game and play sophmores. Maybe alot of schools do not have enough freshmen to dress a squad. Either way it is good experience for the boys to play no matter who plays. Good Luck!

Giles County's future looks bright, with two very good freshmen! Zack Roberts hit 7 3's in the first quarter of a freshmen game, a few weeks ago. Can you say Shay Shannon? His shot is impeccable, and his dad is the girls coach at Martin Methodist, so he has a firm knowledge of the game. Also, Trice Nelson, a 6'4" freshman, could be a major D-1 prospect if he continues to grow and learn.

Although these players aren't Tyler Smith or Shay Shannon, yet, they may be very exciting to watch here in a few years. So, don't think that Giles County basketball will go down hill as soon as Tyler graduates. We're going to be around for a while, so get ready!

LEBRON WHO?

Coffee County played Columbia Freshmen last night and got beat bad. I did not go due to my son having the flu. Another starting Freshman had some problems as well and did not start until the 4th quater. CC parents that did go talked to Columbia parents and this team consisted of 13 players of which only 3 were freshmen. Basically if you did not start for the varsity you played in the Freshmen game. Shelbyvilles team is the same way except they only have like 1 or 2 Freshmen on the team.

Like I said in an earlier post most of the teams we are playing are made up of mostly upper classmen. The only true freshmen team we have played is Lincoln Academy and they have a very good freshmen team.

Lawrence County has a very good freshmen squad. They have played 4 games strictly Freshmen and are 4-0. They have a very quick freshmen team and lots of height. They have 3 post, one standing at 6'5 and the other at 6'3, and 6'2. All three being very strong down low. They have 5 guards that are all outstanding players. They run the court very well and see the court very well. I know that they played Tullahoma freshmen team last week and put a pretty good whoopin on them. They have alot of room for improvement and I am not saying that they are all going to sign with major D-1 schools. They have lots of talent and in a few years, if this team will stick together they will have a good chance of winning some games. They have good leaders in front of them and will have the fan support they will need when they get there. Right now though, they have to work hard and stay in the gym if they want to have a bright future in b-ball. Good-Luck Wildcats