Grundy County Girls

tfyrams

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know anything about the Grundy County Girls Program? Who are their best players? What kind of defenses do they run?

They really like to press on defense! In fact they lost some respect I had for them the other day at Sequatchie County when they were up by about 30 and still had the full court press on with 6 to 7 minutes left in the game!

great game lady jackets!! :D also, just a side note...grundy played mostly freshmen the whole second half, and it was my understanding that sequatchie kept in their "big dogs" the entire time. i think that might have been one of the reasons the press stayed on...because those girls havent had the opportunity to play, and to know whether or not they can run the press or not. i would have felt horrible for the sequatchie team if one of their main players had gotten hurt in a game that was so far out of hand, playing against freshmen. usually coaches put in younger players to play against younger players in games like this, to avoid key players getting hurt, or am i wrong? ;)

Sequatchie probably deserved to have the score ran up on them. A couple years ago when Coach Anita had a good team she did that to others. A guess the team is taking her payback!!!

Grundy County plays scrappy defense, be prepared to be strong on offense.

Gee Alli8657 Sequatchie's big dogs are their Freshmen ....6 of the 12 players they have are freshmen. 2 srs,2 jrs, 2 soph,6 fresh.....go to the game before ya make comments about it, otherwise it is hearsay...no offense to the upperclassmen but the freshmen will and do play alot :

If you know for certain it happened, contact the school-423-949-2154-and talk to the principal. I'm sure something will be done. Was it the whole student section or just one idiot (if it happened), you were a little vague. There's no excuse for anything like that, but mouthing could be expected after one of the Grundy players threw a very cheap elbow before an in-bounds play and was thrown out. Before you blame it on the refs, I was told the foul shots were 26 Seq and 26 by Grundy. Can't get much more even than that. And there's a pretty good reason he knows about the Seq girls, not too hard to figure out.

Yes our "big dogs" this year are freshmen. There are many times I'm on the floor with four freshmen, and I love every minute. They all have heart for the game and can only get better as the season progresses. As for the curssing, maybe you need to look at your new boys coach. Sitting behind him during the game the G.D. was used every breath, and I understand it was even worse at the end of the game in the locker room. The refs came out from dressing and said they had never heard anything like it. Maybe the Grundy Co. school board should take a listen to their new coach!!