Who are the best High School Girls Players

LBQuarterbackClub

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

To be somewhat biased towards Laxton of Oneida, I felt compelled to say that the team she was on that won the state was not exceptionally deep or talented. With no disrespect to the players on that team, who were all good players, Brynae literally willed those girls to the championship that year. She was good where ever Coach H. needed to put her, inside or out. In high school it is rare, even in single A, to have one primary weapon in which if the other team can stop or slow down that player, the teams chances of success diminish greatly. Oneida had that player in Laxton, her coach even anounced on the eve of their first game that Laxton was the horse they road in on and they would continue to ride her as far as she would take them. She wasn't the greatest athlete on the court and yet, she understood how to equalize her abilities against more athletic players. If you took Laxton off of that team, I don't think the Lady Indians would have had much of a chance to even reach the state tournament. I am satisfied that all the other young ladies mentioned on this post hold memories for their fans in much the same manner Brynae did for me.

thumb Kaz thumb

Here is an all time team.

Kelly Jolley

Tiffany Woosley

Julie Powell

Angela Moorehead

Michelle Johnson

Subs

Jennifer Azzi

Niki Caldwell

Nikki McCray

Kim Webb

Latina Davis

Misty Lamb

Consuella Sparrow

Debbie Hawhee

Abi Ramsey

Brittany Jackson

Debbie Scott

Alysha Clark

Leslie Smith

Andrea Davidson

Jody Adams ---I think was her name from bradley

Edited by Coach2001

Hey Coach2001...who would be your coaches for that team.  Give me a head coach and two assistants.

I'd go with Rick Insell from Shelbyville as my head coach and Camel Brandon from Lebanon and Jim Smitty from Bradley Central as my assistants.

825599525[/snapback]

his name is Jim Smiddy and I would take anyone from his teams,he was a great man as well as a great coach!!!

his name is Jim Smiddy and I would take anyone from his teams,he was a great man as well as a great coach!!!

825599612[/snapback]

Did you hear about that woman that is 15 victories from breaking Coach Smiddy's record number of wins? She is like in her 80's and still coahing. Her team was 15-15 this year.

My all-time favorite was Amy Geren from Bradley Central. She could shoot the ball from half court on a pull up J. She was Ms. versatility in the mid 90's. She hit a three pointer falling out of bounds in AAU....she won the 3 point contest during the final four beating Jason Terry. Those memories are forever!